• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

nehrafan

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I tend to get my pitch news from the men who actually played on it. The Indians certainly weren't shy of calling the pitches in Pakistan ridiculous. I'm certain neither England nor Pakistan shared the same views during their battle royale.
LOL ! why the hell the home team would criticize the pitch for the matches??

England got blown away by the spin of Danish and the slower balls by Akhtar.Had England -Pak matches ended in a tame draw then you might have seen criticism, but when results were being produced even on placcid pitches, there seems to be no point in criticizing the pitches.

nehrafan

Banned
adharcric said:
Seriously nehrafan, stop with the baseless arguments. India has a deep batting lineup and an improving pace attack which may see lots of changes after the rubbish performances against Pakistan. England also have some quality batsman but they haven't supported the bowling of late, which is quite penetrative when at its best with flintoff, harmison and jones. It should be a good, close series.

Look India basically has a huge advantage because it's playing on home pitches.

England Pace attack is excellent, but they would not be as effective as while playing in England coz of difference in playing cond.

And i'm not trying to put England down, but i do believe their batting is their weakness, which will result in their demise.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
danish said:
BTW, does anyone know the full itinery of the Pakistan in Sri Lanka tour? On Cricinfo, it says Pakistan will only play 2 tests against SL.
Pak Vs SLK series itn says 3 tests and 3 odis. I hope both teams are full strength (damn no Akhtar), would be terrific to watch Sanath Vs Afridi, Mahela Vs Younis, Atapattu Vs Inzy, Dilshan Vs Malik etc.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I refuse to believe that the pitch that India reached 400odd for no loss was in the same condition as those that produced such thrilling Test matches when England toured Pakistan.
Well the official word from PCB and every other columnist, Moin Khan, Javed Miandad included, stated the same the the first 2 test match pitches, prepared against Ind, were the same ones that had been prepared against England and that Pakistan had underestimated the Indian batting line up, as they (Pakistan) had thought that the way England was blown away India would be blown away too. One and all from Imran, Sarfaraz etc said that there was a flaw in that logic as Indian batting was deep and could withstand on placcid pitches, they further argued that the best way to beat India is to prepare lively pitches or green tops. In which they proved absolutely right, as we succumbed to a lively pitch.

I will say that beating India in India is not easy, but England have two things going from them, they recently had a sub-continent experience in Pakistan and their four headed monster of pace attack (Harmy, Hoggard, Freddie and Jonesy) is one of the best in the world, definitely better than Pakistan's pace attack and maybe even better than the Aussies pace attack. They will be a handful for India and this will be a very interesting series, especially if the pitches (rumour has it ) are going to be lively, Eng have more than a chance of winning.

Last edited:

nehrafan

Banned
kvemuri said:
Well the official word from PCB and every other columnist, Moin Khan, Javed Miandad included, stated the same the the first 2 test match pitches, prepared against Ind, were the same ones that had been prepared against England.
Which happen to be a fact. Pakistan didn't overnight turned sporting pitches into placcid ones, they were expecting Pakistan to achieve same sort of result (as they did against England ) against india but it backfired.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
nehrafan said:
Look India basically has a huge advantage because it's playing on home pitches..
You are kidding me aren't you, not if the pitches are lively, hello Karachi was a wake up call and Pakistan had Akhtar/Asif/Razzaq, compare that with Harmy/Jonesy/Freddie/Hoggie, they will be a handful.

nehrafan said:
England Pace attack is excellent, but they would not be as effective as while playing in England coz of difference in playing cond.
I seriously hope that Indians don;t go to play with THAT attitude. Look England recently had a sub continent experience and were brought to Earth after the Ashes high, they will be wary and more focused. This English team is not the 1993 English team which had an aging Gooch and no bite in the bowling attack, even so Paul Jarvis (a literal no name) had a tremendous tour.

nehrafan said:
And i'm not trying to put England down, but i do believe their batting is their weakness, which will result in their demise.
Ahh...Tresco (scored heavily against us), Vaughn (scored heavily against us), KP (the most dangerous of the lot), Freddie (need not mention about him) and with the supporting cast of Strauss, Bell, Geraint, Blackwell (who btw smashed 88 off 66 in the ICC champions trophy match in 2002 against us) are no slouches with the bat either. This series can go either ways.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
:) :) :) Is it just my imagination or has Nehrafan FINALLY been banned??? Though at the risk of offending the mods here, I do notice that he finally got banned after posting flames about the upcoming Ind/Eng series. Plenty of people had begged for him to be banned during the Ind/Pak series! Anyway, the point is he's gone! I know he'll probably come back using a different name, but at least he no longer has free rein to wreck havoc.

Edit: I looked back and Vandemataram is banned too, along with others. Wow, there was housecleaning done!

Last edited:

DhonisOnslaught

Cricket Spectator
I think the result of the test series was highly unjust.Pak won the Karachi test match but it was hardly a proper series as two matches played before that test match were farce, so it come down to just one match and that was that of Karachi one.After watching the oneday series, i'm convinced that this Indian team has the potential to come back strongly and knock down opponents and had it been a proper three match test series, then India would have made a comeback and won the series 2-1.

To say that Pak won the test SERIES, is a joke as they only won a one off test match.

Indian remains a better test team than Pakistan, so the ICC test ranking shows.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
DhonisOnslaught said:
I think the result of the test series was highly unjust.Pak won the Karachi test match but it was hardly a proper series as two matches played before that test match were farce, so it come down to just one match and that was that of Karachi one.After watching the oneday series, i'm convinced that this Indian team has the potential to come back strongly and knock down opponents and had it been a proper three match test series, then India would have made a comeback and won the series 2-1.

To say that Pak won the test SERIES, is a joke as they only won a one off test match.

I would agree would your point had India not been so badly thrashed in that third test. If India were so good why werent they able to force results in either of the first two?

Pakistan seemed the better team to me, One dayers should not be used to judge, they're just a game a lottery.

shankar

International Debutant
redbaron said:
I would agree would your point had India not been so badly thrashed in that third test. If India were so good why werent they able to force results in either of the first two?

Pakistan seemed the better team to me, One dayers should not be used to judge, they're just a game a lottery.
While I don't agree with his blind assertion that India would have won had there been 3 result tests, a one-match shoot-out is obviously not an ideal manner to decide the better team. Teams lose badly and still come-back and win the series all the time (Ashes 05 for e.g.).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
adharcric said:
Just wondering, what will you do when the Almighty is dropped from the test team very soon. Is asking such a question pure blasphemy?
duh.... we all know that ODIs are the real thing. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DhonisOnslaught said:

Remind us which side struggled in the 2nd Test then until 1 stand saved them?

danish

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Remind us which side struggled in the 2nd Test then until 1 stand saved them?
At least this series had a result, the series' Pakistan and India played of old seldom ended in more than a 0-0 draw, and a result in a test match was uncommon.