• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Surprised by the lack of talk when the tour is just over a month away.

Code:
Date  	Match  	Venue
January 	  	
2 - 3 	Practice Match 	Lahore
5 - 9 	1st Test 	Lahore
13 - 17 	2nd Test 	Faisalabad
21 - 25 	3rd Test 	Karachi
28 	1st ODI 	Peshawar
31 	2nd ODI 	Rawalpindi
February 	  	
3 	3rd ODI 	Lahore
6 	4th ODI 	Multan
11 	5th ODI 	Karachi
Predictions, team line ups?

India to win test series 2-1, just like last time :D

India to win OD series 4-1.

Sehwag and Dravid being the leading batters and Irafan and Kumble being the leading bowlers for India.

Nonentity

Cricket Spectator
the amount of cricket India and Pakistan are playing is way too much..it takes all the excitement out of the matches :@

magsi23

U19 Debutant
vandemataram said:

Sehwag and Dravid being the leading batters and Irafan and Kumble being the leading bowlers for India.

There is no harm in dreaming :D

magsi23 said:
There is no harm in dreaming :D
While playing in their home country against India, Pak team are under extreme pressure, as such i don't think they perform to their level best.

Besides i don't think even their best is good enough to beat India in test matches.A 2-1 result to India seems to be a realistic one, but yes a 3-0 would be like a dream :)

What-A-Player

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh no, Pak seems a stronger team ATM and India is just re-grouping between evryday controversies.

I hope ganguly plays too after regaining some solid form

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Regardless of what happens in the next month, I think Pakistan will be favourites going into the series. Anyway, I think chances of a drawn test series is very probable and I expect Pak to win the ODIs 3-2.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GoT_SpIn said:
will this series be on foxtel for aus
I damn well hope so. I hope Foxtel show Ind v Eng as well, but I fear that the Aus v South Africa tour may be going on at the same time. :(

magsi23

U19 Debutant
vandemataram said:
While playing in their home country against India, Pak team are under extreme pressure, as such i don't think they perform to their level best.

Besides i don't think even their best is good enough to beat India in test matches.A 2-1 result to India seems to be a realistic one, but yes a 3-0 would be like a dream :)
So you think india wont be under pressure? pressure would be equal on both teams plus Pakistan are playing very good cricket ATM and Inzy has come long way since that series that you mentioned, Pakistan played very well against india in india and that too without Shoaib Akhtar, if they play half as good as they have played against England they will have no problems beating India both in Tests and ODI's

Shoaib

Banned
vandemataram said:

Wasn't it u predicted test series 3-0 to india when Pakistan toured India early this year?And the thread that u started is still the most funniest ever in the history of CW.

C_C

International Captain
magsi23 said:
So you think india wont be under pressure? pressure would be equal on both teams plus Pakistan are playing very good cricket ATM and Inzy has come long way since that series that you mentioned, Pakistan played very well against india in india and that too without Shoaib Akhtar, if they play half as good as they have played against England they will have no problems beating India both in Tests and ODI's

I think IND will take the tests 2-1 and the ODI series will go 3-2 ..can go either way.
In all honesty, i think PAK is not as good a test team as India and England's weakness- inability to play Akhtar/reliance on pacers and substandard spinner(s) is something IND doesnt have- I dont expect Akhtar to bomb out like he did last series vs IND but i would be surprised if IND didnt handle him better than ENG batsmen have....and PAK has always been a bit wonky against spinners ever since Malik-Anwar-Inzamam trio was broken and quality spinners usually have been the weaknessof PAK in the longer format- Warne,murali,Kumble,etc. all doing remarkably well against them.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
C_C said:
I think IND will take the tests 2-1 and the ODI series will go 3-2 ..can go either way.
In all honesty, i think PAK is not as good a test team as India and England's weakness- inability to play Akhtar/reliance on pacers and substandard spinner(s) is something IND doesnt have- I dont expect Akhtar to bomb out like he did last series vs IND but i would be surprised if IND didnt handle him better than ENG batsmen have....and PAK has always been a bit wonky against spinners ever since Malik-Anwar-Inzamam trio was broken and quality spinners usually have been the weaknessof PAK in the longer format- Warne,murali,Kumble,etc. all doing remarkably well against them.

Well not realy, Inzamam has jumped to 3rd in icc world ranking, butt has shown what he is capabale of already, Players like Younis Khan, SHoaib Akhtar, Kaneria and Afridi all are match winners and in prety good touch, on the other hand sehwag, tendulkar (india's back bone) kaif and youvraj to some extent are out of form and struggling , and if compare bowling from both teams Pakistan has much superior bowling attack than India, and since when India's bowling attack is better than england, Flintoff, Harmison and Hoggard are better bowlers than any of the indian bowlers on any given day, i do however admit England does not have world class spinnner but i dont think kumble alone can win the series because i do not see any other bowlers a big threat, i know lot of people are and will compare to when india last toured pakitsan, but i will insist pakistan is much better and stronger team then they were back than and perhaps most under rated team in the world IMO.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India v Pakistan series are always too unpredictable to predict (obviously). If I had to make a prediction, it'd be 2-1 to India in the tests and 4-1 to Pakistan in the ODIs.

Shoaib

Banned
Its always very difficult to predict India-Pakistan series.But as far as this series is concerned,my predictions are:
Test Series:1-1
ODI Series:3-2 (can go either way)

pakster

U19 12th Man
Pakistan start as favourites IMO. India's pace battery is essentially non-existent nowadays, their batsmen are out of form and the general mood in the camp has'nt looked too rosey since chappel took control. Contrast with pakistan, whose pace attack is looking increasingly menacing and whose batsmen have been looking in ominous form recently - team morale is also pretty good.

I do expect a close series, but I think Pakistan to win both the test and ODI series.

Tests
2-0 pak

ODI
4-1/3-2 pak.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
hopefully when this series is finished they wont be another India/Pakistan series for another 2 or 3 years. Its always exciting when they play but come on dont overdo it...