• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** VB Series 2006

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Who's got their talking Boonie to watch the cricket with them? :D

But SA and Australia to make the finals, despite SL winning a few, and Australia to win the whole thing
Even a few on their current form is an extreme over expectation !!

If SL win anything more than 1 they should be extremely thankful .

If they win any more , I suspect ICC will have to investigate to see if Match fixing was involved in their wins !! :mellow:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Even a few on their current form is an extreme over expectation !!

If SL win anything more than 1 they should be extremely thankful .

If they win any more , I suspect ICC will have to investigate to see if Match fixing was involved in their wins !! :mellow:
Jason, it's good to see you have faith in your team :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
SL are probably at the worst they've been in a while, whereas SA are at starting to peak and Australia are Australia. That being said, All it takes is a bit of Murali or a bit of Sanga to change a game or two, and SL could get pretty close to making the top 2.

You're right though, wild predictions are fun. Not sure if your Pakistan one was a prediction, it was wild though :p
I think SL will be mighty pleased if they don't get walloped by big margins (over 100 runs or over 5 wickets, or wins with over 5 or more overs to spare etc.) in most of their ODIs. I doubt any Lankans living in Aus should even bother to turning up to these likely pitiful performances !!

They could save themselves some unnecessary heartache and pain. :mellow:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Pretty big call there Howard. I know you've made some recently though ;)

I wonder why they changed it to 6 matches for only one year before going back to 8.
because the of the chappell-hadlee trophy which was already 3 ODI's so, & australia had a packed summer so they reduced it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ooh, looking forward to this. I'm actually a fan of the triangular ODI tournaments - and South Africa will provide a good contest. Smith, Kallis, Gibbs, de Villiers - looking forward to seeing some of these guys turn it on in one game. I'm liking Ntini at the moment aswell.

Sri Lanka... well... if Murali comes, he'll provide some entertainment as always, and I also like watching Sangakkara. Is Jayasuriya stil going to feature in their ODI team? He's a character :D

Hopefully Nel gets hit by the team bus as it's backing up.. I hate that guy :disgust:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope Jaques gets a run in this series. He deserves a place in the side, especially with his recent 158*. He'd probably have to come in the middle order though, or Katich might have to move down a bit. I don't know who you could get rid of though, since Katich doesn't deserve to be dropped, and it'd be a bit unfair to drop Hodge after only three games, despite only making one decent score against NZ.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
I hope Jaques gets a run in this series. He deserves a place in the side, especially with his recent 158*. He'd probably have to come in the middle order though, or Katich might have to move down a bit. I don't know who you could get rid of though, since Katich doesn't deserve to be dropped, and it'd be a bit unfair to drop Hodge after only three games, despite only making one decent score against NZ.
well yea once Jaques keeps his form up he has to come in their and even though it will be kind harsh on Katich he may well & have to go. While Martyn has to be back so Hodge may have to miss out as well...

Mister Wright

Robertinho said:
Ooh, looking forward to this. I'm actually a fan of the triangular ODI tournaments - and South Africa will provide a good contest. Smith, Kallis, Gibbs, de Villiers - looking forward to seeing some of these guys turn it on in one game. I'm liking Ntini at the moment aswell.

Sri Lanka... well... if Murali comes, he'll provide some entertainment as always, and I also like watching Sangakkara. Is Jayasuriya stil going to feature in their ODI team? He's a character :D

Hopefully Nel gets hit by the team bus as it's backing up.. I hate that guy :disgust:
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the triangular tournaments also. I think it can be a relatively competitive series. South Africa have just come of 15 straight wins or something, and if Sri Lanka click, they are a very good one day side.

Mister Wright

aussie said:
well yea once Jaques keeps his form up he has to come in their and even though it will be kind harsh on Katich he may well & have to go. While Martyn has to be back so Hodge may have to miss out as well...
There's no guarantee of Martyn coming straight back in (although I hope it is the case, he does) especially if he isn't scoring a load of runs at domestic level. If Jaques has a good one or two tests he should stay in the squad for sure, and I really hope the selectors consider either Gillespie or Kaspa given their recent returns to form.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
There's no guarantee of Martyn coming straight back in (although I hope it is the case, he does) especially if he isn't scoring a load of runs at domestic level. If Jaques has a good one or two tests he should stay in the squad for sure, and I really hope the selectors consider either Gillespie or Kaspa given their recent returns to form.
His scores in the domestic summer have been 110, 74 and 76 in his only 3 innings this season. If thats not a guarantee, I'll lose whatever faith I have left in me of Trev and co.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the triangular tournaments also. I think it can be a relatively competitive series. South Africa have just come of 15 straight wins or something, and if Sri Lanka click, they are a very good one day side.
Going by recent form Australia and SA should thump them by very very big margins unless match fixing is involved!! :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:

Hodge is an injury replacement (for Martyn) so he will go i would imagine.