• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need some help !!!

Killing Time

Cricket Spectator
Hi !

Im an MBA student from India. I need some help as regards a marketing project invloving the ICC World cups (from 1975 to 2003). Can any one please tell me who were & are the major tournament sponsors in all the eight world cups and what was the exact prize money on offer in each individual event ? Will anyone from England briefly highlight me on how exactly the ICC marketed the event in 75 ,79,83 & 99 (tv ads , jingles etc.) ? Im in a real desperate situation since the ICC website has nothing substantial to offer :(! . Any info form you chaps would be most grateful.

Thanx for your time !

Regards :)

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
The sponsors for the world cups were -

1975 - 1983 ----- Prudential
1987 - Reliance
1996 - Wills (ITC)
1999 -- multiple sponsors(one was Pepsi)