• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Perfect Cricketer

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
This is a game that involves naming aspects of players that they pull off unusually well in a quest to build the 'perfect' cricketer. For instance,

The perfect cricketer would have........the conversion rate of Stephen Fleming
An outswinger like Shane Watson
The concentration of Shahid Afridi

Obviously these aren't true, but you get the idea.

Only one aspect per post, please!

I'll start proceedings:
The perfect cricketer would have.......The hook shot of Viv Richards

C_C

International Captain
There was only one cricketer who can be called perfect relative to the other cricketers in history - Garfield Sobers.

C_C

International Captain
Warney's legbreak
Kumble's flipper
Murali's offbreak and doosra
Andy Robert's bouncer
Imran Khan's indipper
Waqar's toe-crunching yorker
Akram's swing,variety,....whatever. whole arsenal!
Subhash Gupte's accuracy
Ambrose's bounce
Marshall's slipperyness
Holding's action
Akhtar's pace
Bishen Bedi's loop
Walsh's inswinger
Lillee's outswinger
McGrath's temperament

Think i got the perfect bowler down pat !
:p :D

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Shoaib's Slowie...
havn't seen Shoaib's slowie...but from what i've seen, Walsh had the best slowie of all- those who've seen both Walsh and Shoaib's slowie, care to comment ?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Warne's bouncebackability. Caught being a *** pest? Do it again! What are the chances of being caught twice? Need to get back on that horse...