Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Thread: Husseys Struggle at test level.....

  1. #16
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    ^why do people continualy point to not outs as a bad thing?

    if no one has got him out then thats credit to Hussey and he deserves it.

    he is a fantastic player,miles better than brad hodge,i csan't wait to see him thrash the south african bowling

  2. #17
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,960
    Quote Originally Posted by open365
    ^why do people continualy point to not outs as a bad thing?

    if no one has got him out then thats credit to Hussey and he deserves it.

    he is a fantastic player,miles better than brad hodge,i csan't wait to see him thrash the south african bowling
    Totally agree with you......they were debating that on the radio in NZ saying Not outs shouldn't count towards someones average saying that averages should be only made up of innings in which a player is dismissed, which I think is ludicrous. I say if the batsmen isn't dismissed then good luck to him

  3. #18
    International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,420
    So far in one-dayers Hussey has made 150 runs for every dismissal, and hardly looked like getting out in between times, so imo he totally deserves that average. The average is ridiculously good, but his performances thus far have also been ridiculously good.

  4. #19
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    Totally agree with you......they were debating that on the radio in NZ saying Not outs shouldn't count towards someones average saying that averages should be only made up of innings in which a player is dismissed, which I think is ludicrous. I say if the batsmen isn't dismissed then good luck to him
    Well, Hussey's innings average in ODIs of 43.14 is a lot more realistic than his actual average of 151.00. You could make an argument that since it's limited overs, not outs are irrelevant.


  5. #20
    International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Warwickshire HQ
    Posts
    4,294
    ummm try making your argument...
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

  6. #21
    International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    2,710
    To me Hussey has just been a class player for the last few tours and is having a good run of form. Pity about his age though

  7. #22
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownSymonds
    Dog = Ntini. Andre Nel is not Dog.
    But why?!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  8. #23
    International Regular Beleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,450
    Are you asking why Ntini is Dog or why Andre Nel is not Dog?










  9. #24
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    13,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    ummm try making your argument...
    Well, the argument is - particularly when you bat in the middle-order in ODI's - that not outs are more the result of the overs running out, than they are of the batsman defying the bowling attack. I mean Hussey, coming in as he usually does at six or seven, faces a max of about 15-20 overs. It's hardly extraordinary, or down to his ability to defy all comers, that he remains unconquered at the end of the innings. Although, granted, in his ODI career to date (not outs or outs) he has played extraordinarily well.
    Last edited by howardj; 15-12-2005 at 01:51 PM.

  10. #25
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket
    Well, Hussey's innings average in ODIs of 43.14 is a lot more realistic than his actual average of 151.00. You could make an argument that since it's limited overs, not outs are irrelevant.
    thats still a fantastic average for someone who bats at 6/7,and even better if you compared him to every other cricketer with the not outs taken off their average,i'm pretty sure he'd still have the highest average.Not that i'm condoning your argument,your still wrong.

  11. #26
    International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Warwickshire HQ
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Well, the argument is - particularly when you bat in the middle-order in ODI's - that not outs are more the result of the overs running out, than they are of the batsman defying the bowling attack. I mean Hussey, coming in as he usually does at six or seven, faces a max of about 15-20 overs. It's hardly extraordinary, or down to his ability to defy all comers, that he remains unconquered at the end of the innings. Although, granted, in his ODI career to date (not outs or outs) he has played extraordinarily well.
    umm so therefore when he's not out he shuld be classed as out? I think it is harder to have done what he has done and played so many innings and still remained unbeaten. He has had to come in a variety of situations, get settled each and every time he's gone out there. I think that it's stupid to suggest that the fact that he has been not out so many times detracts from his record.

  12. #27
    U19 Cricketer sqwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket
    Well, Hussey's innings average in ODIs of 43.14 is a lot more realistic than his actual average of 151.00. You could make an argument that since it's limited overs, not outs are irrelevant.
    What an absurd statement.

    Who cares what anyone's 'innings' average is. It's totally I R R E L E V A N T.

  13. #28
    U19 Cricketer sqwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Well, the argument is - particularly when you bat in the middle-order in ODI's - that not outs are more the result of the overs running out, than they are of the batsman defying the bowling attack. I mean Hussey, coming in as he usually does at six or seven, faces a max of about 15-20 overs. It's hardly extraordinary, or down to his ability to defy all comers, that he remains unconquered at the end of the innings. Although, granted, in his ODI career to date (not outs or outs) he has played extraordinarily well.
    Come on mate this is a ridiculous argument.

    If you bat up the order you've got more time to make more runs. If you bat down the order it's the opposite....plus you're having a slog and more likely to get out anyway.

    Any argument that suggests that not outs should be disregarded in working out averages should be dismissed without a second thought.

  14. #29
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,437
    It all depends on what people think a batsman's average should represent. If you think it should represent the amount of runs he scores in a batting innings, then you would be of the belief that his average should be calculated on the amount of innings played. If you believe a batsman's average should reflect the batsman's ability with the bat then you would want to measure the batsman on the amount of runs he makes before getting out. IMO the current system we have is fine.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  15. #30
    U19 Cricketer sqwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    It all depends on what people think a batsman's average should represent. If you think it should represent the amount of runs he scores in a batting innings, then you would be of the belief that his average should be calculated on the amount of innings played. If you believe a batsman's average should reflect the batsman's ability with the bat then you would want to measure the batsman on the amount of runs he makes before getting out. IMO the current system we have is fine.
    yeah but who cares how many anybody makes per innings. It's not the batsmans fault if he has to come in with 3 overs to go.

    I can't see any relevance or interest whatsoever in that statistic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW XI Test History
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum Statistics and Records
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 29-11-2007, 06:34 AM
  2. ***Official*** Sri Lanka in India
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1454
    Last Post: 30-12-2005, 03:15 PM
  3. Do you know that!
    By cricket player in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 22-06-2005, 04:42 AM
  4. Which Team Has The Most Allrounder's????
    By cricket player in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •