cricket betting betway blog banner small

Thread: 300 Test Wickets for Chaminda Vaas- A tribute

300 Test Wickets for Chaminda Vaas- A tribute

Vaas has just got his 300th Test wicket when Gambir was adjudged LBW to Vaas.

This man has been the unsung Hero of Sri Lankan Cricket for the last 10 years or more.

He holds several records including best bowling analysis in ODIs and was the leading bowler of the last World Cup.
    Playing most of his Test Cricket in seamer unfriendly conditions in SL he has not had the success that other bowlers in much more friendlier conditions would get.
    He works hard day in and day out and is one of the better exponents of reverse swing in Test Cricket today .

I take this opportunity to pay tribute to this great bowler and Sri Lankan hero -Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas - You are a Champion and I salute you and thank you for the years of contribution you have made to Sri Lankan cricket and World Cricket.

I hope and pray on behalf of Sri Lankan fans that you will continue on and get at least another 100 test wickets if not more .
    Thank you , Chaminda .

Well done to him, a champion player.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Congrats Chaminda. Couldn't happen to a classier player.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Well done Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas. What a mouthful

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    GREAT !!

But after Murali and him the next in Sri Lankan all time wicket takers is Jayasuriya with 92. I think Sri Lanka are heading for at least as serious a problem in three years time with their bowling as India are going to with Laxman, Sachin, Ganguly and Dravid all going around that time and no replacement of that caliber in sight.

HUGE voids in both teams before the end of this decade. If we have to see replacements they should be playing somewhere by now

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    GREAT !!

But after Murali and him the next in Sri Lankan all time wicket takers is Jayasuriya with 92. I think Sri Lanka are heading for at least as serious a problem in three years time with their bowling as India are going to with Laxman, Sachin, Ganguly and Dravid all going around that time and no replacement of that caliber in sight.
    Don't forget Kumble.

Anyway, a great achievement by Vaas. I've always liked him as a player, and he's one of those who always gives 100%.

Tremendous player with the greatest name ever Congrats to him.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    If we have to see replacements they should be playing somewhere by now
    Well I did suggest dropping Ganguly from tests more than a year ago in a thread I started but for different reasons.

While your reasoning can hold good for one dayers with World Cup in mind in tests it is better to play with the best XI in most instances. So the reasoning of the void for tests is not some thing I agree with despite instances like Australia in the early 80s. Whether the current XI is the best XI is some thing which can be debated upon - a different issue.

Thread Information