• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 5...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I couldn't think of a top 5, but I think there are 2 clear winners in this catergory:

The worst batting technique by a New Zealand batsman goes to:

1. Matthew Bell
2. Craig McMillan (for that side on stance that he tried to use a few years ago)

Natman20

International Debutant
Tim said:
I couldn't think of a top 5, but I think there are 2 clear winners in this catergory:

The worst batting technique by a New Zealand batsman goes to:

1. Matthew Bell
2. Craig McMillan (for that side on stance that he tried to use a few years ago)
I could probably come up with a list of 20 :D

C_C

International Captain
How can anyone mention players of the cut shot and leave out Jayasurya and Gordon Greenidge is beyond me.

Natman20

International Debutant
C_C said:
How can anyone mention players of the cut shot and leave out Jayasurya and Gordon Greenidge is beyond me.
They will be talking about current players so Greenidge is out of there and Jayasaria well ...

a massive zebra

International Captain
Top 5 Indian Spinners of All Time

1. Anil Kumble
2. Bishen Bedi
3. Bhagwat Chandresekhar
4. Sabhash Gupte
5. Harbhajan Singh

C_C

International Captain
Natman20 said:
They will be talking about current players so Greenidge is out of there and Jayasaria well ...
In that case, omit Greenidge but Jaya is still active and he easily has the best square cut of them all ( followed considerable distance behind by Gillchrist).

C_C

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
Top 5 Indian Spinners of All Time

1. Anil Kumble
2. Bishen Bedi
3. Bhagwat Chandresekhar
4. Sabhash Gupte
5. Harbhajan Singh
i would actually say its Gupte, followed by Chandra, follwed by Bedi, Kumble and Prasanna in that order.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
top 5 spinners

1.Warne
2.Murali
3.Kumble
4.Vettori
5.Kaneria
--------------
6.Harbajan

top 5 cutters

1.Jayasuria
2.Gillchrist
3.Tendulkar
4.Struas
5.ummm dunno

top 5 yorksire comedians

you must be a peanut in a jar if you think any yorky is remotely funny

Hodgo7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why have most people got Kaneira in their top 5 spinners when he has had one half decent series ? Nobody would have had him before the England series. He is a fair way behind these lot

Warne
MacGill
Murali
Vettori
Kumble
Harbie

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
There's still a bit of doubt about Vettori, particularly in the test arena..but what i have seen of him recently makes me believe that he's going to get better & better.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
C_C said:
I never saw much of Greenidge so I can't comment on that much other than what I've read/heard, but I definitely agree with Jayasuriya. His square cuts are by far the best from current players, above Martyn, Sachin, Gilchrist, Lara etc.

Anyway top 5 spinners currently:
1) Warne/Murali
3) Kumble
4) Kaneria
5) MacGill

Harbhajan and Vettori just miss out, and Saqlain was awesome when he was playing but unfortunately fell off.

C_C

International Captain
Top 5 spinners :

1. Murali
2. Warne
3. Kumble
4. Harbhajan
5. McGill

PS: I dont see how Vettori and Kaneria can come ahead of Bhajji or McGill at this stage of their careers.

Dissector

International Debutant
Top 5 spinners
1.Murali
2.Warne
3.Kumble
4.McGill
5.Kaneria

How can anyone rate Giles ahead of Kumble? Giles is barely good enough to keep his place in the England side. Based on his bowling alone he would probably be dropped.