• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

35 Test Hundreds for Sachin Tendulkar !

Boofra

Cricket Spectator
Well done Sachin. A batting record for one legend the other week, and now another batting record for another legend of the game. Wish i was able to see it...i bet they're going nuts in India right now.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
STill remember him as a 16 yr old on debut, holding Wasim Akram up in his tracks while he settled at the crease.

What a journey it has been !

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to Sachin ! Definitely the greatest batsman of the last 2 decades .

And the second greatest batsman in the history of the game after Sir DGB !!

Slow Love™

International Captain
Great stuff from Tendulkar. I only looked in briefly at cricinfo earlier, and it looked like he was giving Murali a bit of a pasting.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He wasn't exactly pasting Murali, except for one over when he hit him for 3 successive boundaries in a row, SL... But he did play him well, bar the odd close LBW shout...

But the important thing is......HE HAS THE RECORD ALL TO HIMSELF NOW. :D

masterblaster

International Captain
Well done to the great man!

What a glorious career it has been, and he fully deserves this moment. Thanks for the brilliant entertainment Sachin!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah, and it was a well constructed innings as well... He was very cautious right till he got to 70 odd. After that, he started playing a few more shots. And even when he was being cautious, he was still looking for the singles, which is something Ganguly might do well to copy.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Congratulations Sachin. I've always been a massive fan of his, and I'm happy to see him get what is obviously one of the game's most important individual records - a wonderful achievement by a wonderful player.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am just so relieved he has this milestone out of the way. Milestones tend to get greater attention than the journey itself.

I hope we will see Sachin back to playing his game as he was meant to with his prodigious talent.

Today he scored 48 off 110 balls till tea and then another 52 off 67 after that. More importantly he hit 7 of his 11 boundaries on the off side, six of them drives and five off the frontfoot. But for one off a full toss from Dilshan they were all beauties. I hope we will see him playing balls on merit as a player with his repertoire should rather than drag everything down the on/leg side as he has been doing of late.

Keep it up Sachin. We love you. :)

shankar

International Debutant
SJS said:
Today he scored 48 off 110 balls till tea and then another 52 off 67 after that. More importantly he hit 7 of his 11 boundaries on the off side, six of them drives and five off the frontfoot. But for one off a full toss from Dilshan they were all beauties.
Some of his drives off Murali through the offside today were just too good!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shankar said:
Some of his drives off Murali through the offside today were just too good!
Yes, he drove beautifully through the off side later in the day. Great stuff.

I hope Pratyush's signature comes true now....high time I think :)

Slifer

International Captain
Nuff respect SRT always knew u had it in u!! Aim for 50 then u can hang ur boots up and shut up these 'nay-sayers' for good.