• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan will defeat India with ease

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I think Pakistan will account for India at least 2-0 in the tests and 4-1 in the ODIs in next years series.

Reasons

1) Pakistan are a strong side now, having undergone the rebuilding stage. WE are coming off a strong performance against England and are the rising force in world cricket atm.
2) Indian batting lineup is past its best - Tendulkar is over the hill, S Ganguly is useless and Dhoni and Gambhir are flat track bullies.
3) Woolmer is a much smarter and better coach than Greg Chappell. I don't think Indians were wise to hire Greg Chappel - great player does not equal great coach. Greg Chappell achieved nothing in his stint as coach of south australia.
4) Indians are still very weak against high quality genuinely quick bowling - Shoiab is in good form again and I suspect he will have a field day against Indians.
5) Danish Kaneria has much better variety than Kumble and Harbhajan. I think Indians secretly fear him a lot.

In fact I think England should alsdo beat India when they tour there because Indians will struggle against their fast bowlers.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Salamuddin said:
I think Pakistan will account for India at least 2-0 in the tests and 4-1 in the ODIs in next years series.

Reasons

1) Pakistan are a strong side now, having undergone the rebuilding stage. WE are coming off a strong performance against England and are the rising force in world cricket atm.
2) Indian batting lineup is past its best - Tendulkar is over the hill, S Ganguly is useless and Dhoni and Gambhir are flat track bullies.
3) Woolmer is a much smarter and better coach than Greg Chappell. I don't think Indians were wise to hire Greg Chappel - great player does not equal great coach. Greg Chappell achieved nothing in his stint as coach of south australia.
4) Indians are still very weak against high quality genuinely quick bowling - Shoiab is in good form again and I suspect he will have a field day against Indians.
5) Danish Kaneria has much better variety than Kumble and Harbhajan. I think Indians secretly fear him a lot.

In fact I think England should alsdo beat India when they tour there because Indians will struggle against their fast bowlers.

I do think Indians have a good young bowler in Rudra Pratap Singh. He bowls a very disciplined line and length which is unusual for an Indian pacer.
I think he has a bright future.

I think for India to be more competitive against Pakistan they shoud play Kaif and Yuvraj as well as RP Singh and VRV Singh.
Thus the batting will be revitalised and the bowling will be much stronger.

Drop Tendulkar and Ganguly !

Last edited:

What-A-Player

School Boy/Girl Captain
Indian Supporter agrees with you. As things stand now, Pak are favs but who knows what happens in a month's time

Xuhaib

International Coach
My friend Salamuddin i guess you are new to this place thats why you are unaware of how things go around here. Whatever bold prediction is made by anyone a total opposite happens in the middle and you are made to look like a total *******. I hope your prediction have not cursed the Pakistani team.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is there a big interest in this series for Indians or Pakistanies?
Definetley.Once both India and Pakistan are through with their current assignments you will definetley notice a swell in the intrest from both sides

Beleg

International Regular
Regarding big interest: Not really. 2 series within the span of an year are too much IMHO.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yes we all agree.

Pakistan will win 7-0 in a five test series.

Now what do you want to take first, a bow or a walk.

Next thread please. :sleep:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
May be this thread can be merged in the official Indo-Pak thread.

The way the last two series between the countries have gone - it will be very interesting to see how this one goes.

Pakistan is developing as a very strong team. India on the other hand is at crossroads right now. A clearer picture will emerge after their tests series versus Sri Lanka, Pakistan and England.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Beleg said:
Regarding big interest: Not really. 2 series within the span of an year are too much IMHO.
Whilst I agree with you, I think Pakistan's win over England has made it more interesting though.

As long as India don't lose to SL, it'll be a battle of two test teams in good form and battling to try and not only come out on top in their huge rivalry, but rise up the ICC test rankings (or in India's case if they do beat SL, keep their position).

open365

International Vice-Captain
Salamuddin said:

Reasons

a series victory doesn't acount to being the rising force in test cricket,Tendulkar is not over the hill.If Woolmer is such a smart coach,why does he insist on picking Mohhamad Sami?How can you say Chappel is a bad coach?in his first major international series,India beat the 2nd best ODI team 6-1.Is Shoaib really going to keep fit for the whole series?
Danesh Kaneria,contrary to mass opinion,is neither very good nor effective.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
To be honest, I'm personally kind of sick of seeing India play Pakistan every single year..
I mean so must the players be, the only guy probably looking forward to this is Sehwag with man-of-the-series awards in the last two series with a triple, a double and a ton....

Oh well, guess I'll bear it for VS's sake!

magsi23

U19 Debutant
open365 said:
a series victory doesn't acount to being the rising force in test cricket,Tendulkar is not over the hill.If Woolmer is such a smart coach,why does he insist on picking Mohhamad Sami?How can you say Chappel is a bad coach?in his first major international series,India beat the 2nd best ODI team 6-1.Is Shoaib really going to keep fit for the whole series?
Danesh Kaneria,contrary to mass opinion,is neither very good nor effective.

You are working way too hard there mate, obviously this guy is new here

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
I feel with the confidence of Pakistan's victory of England in the test series they will put up a better fight in the test series against India than they have done in the past but i feel that the ODI series will be close.