• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kiwis in trouble against best in world!!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the Kiwis are in a bit of trouble against cricketing superpower Bangladesh...

Currently struggling at 5/167 after 39
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please don't tell me that the kiwis are gonna lose this, it will be sooooooooo funny
:P:P:P:P

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this will bring the damn kiwis back down to earth.
thinking they are better than australia, please.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it was good while it lasted, Bangladesh rolled of 77...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have a look at a few of these...
*New 2nd wicket partnership record for New Zealand against Bangladesh - The previous record was 28 by MJ Horne & CD McMillan at Chelmsford in 1999 - now stands at 66

*New 5th wicket partnership record for New Zealand against Bangladesh - The previous record was 17* by KR Rutherford & SA Thomson at Sharjah in 1989/90 - Now stands at 48

* New partnership record for the 7th wicket for Bangladesh against New Zealand - The previous record was 2 by Naimur Rahman & Mohammad Rafique at Chelmsford in 1999 - Now stands at 9

* New partnership record for the 9th wicket for Bangladesh against New Zealand - The previous record was 11 by Enamul Haque & Hasibul Hossain at Chelmsford in 1999 - Now stands at 14..

Some record breaking feats in this game...

:P:P:P:P

Simon

I'm not taking back what i said about the kiwis, but its only bangladesh.

Simon

you have to be going well to collapse, that was just poor batting.
a disgrace to international cricket.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate, it was never going to happen.

Admittedly...the batting was close to awful, but the bowling was good & proved why Bangladesh should be ranked behind Kenya.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Mate New Zealand is the greatest ! Look who holds the Icc Trophy a year ago ! :P

We are missing the likes of cairns , macca , adams , this is like our 2nd eleven...

We will be back next year no doubt , hopefully stronger !

And we would have never ever lost to Bangla ... lol and we bowled them out for the 2nd lowest score ! LOL :lol: :lol: that would have been Really good if that was Aussie right there mate ..

Our Batting has been the lowest so far ... and the way we played against the aussie i thought it was the bowling...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thats right lord u could only dream of rolling the Aussies so cheaply...

We are the greatest!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

anzac

International Debutant
another frustratingly crap performance from the Black Caps!!!!!!

I am not about to get too excited about anything apart from the quality of the catches from Astle & Flemming to make up for those they dropped V Australia!!!!!

I should expect a bowler of Bond's class to destroy their top order and anything less would be incomprehensible.

Interesting for Oram to share the new ball and I was surprised at his pace as I thought he was strictly medium!!! His bowling around the wicket indicated a lack of confidence to the left handers as he did not have the field settings to cover that line.

Nothing else can be said about the bowling / fielding except that Styris is not
a 'slipper'.

Once again I question the team selection - a batsman short. Nevin should have been selected with Vincent, and either Hitchcock or one of the all rounders dropped. Bangladesh were never going to threaten as a batting side so why did we need so many bowling options??? I would have thought it was our batting that needed to sort itself out???

Once again we saw the problems with our top order being lead footed early on. Sinclair started brightly enough but retreated back into his shell after the loss of 2 quick wickets to consolidate the innings.

I think Harris should have come in ahead of Styris as he can work the singles to rotate the strike more effectively. Sinclair never got back into any sort of flow with Styris as the batsmen were unable to rotate the strike - both were looking for the 'big' shot - hitting the ball hard but straight to the field.

When they weren't trying to hit hard they appeared to be 'spearing' at the ball to create a short single - trying too hard perhaps????

Sinclair can take some consolation from his half ton & perserverence but little else as he should have still been at the crease at the end with another ton to his name.

If Styris is being selected as a batsman then he should be the first to go for the home ODIs V India as others have more strings that are being used.

The fact that we eventually stumbled to 9/244 says more to me about the number of extras conceeded by Bangladesh & their lack of a game plan in the final overs, rather than any quality batting.

Once again we are thankful that the tail wagged the dog!!!! The absence of Cairns & McMillan does not excuse the inadequacies of squad & team selection, nor their subsequent poor performances or lack of visible game plan.

If we persist with these selections and approach V India we will be white washed in the ODIs. This will also affect the confidence of the Test team.

I believe we could have beaten India if we had had a good batting performance from this tourney. I believe we have a better bowling attack than England & in the field we are as good as SA and second only to AUS, but we need our top order to create the platform to be competitive.

:(

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Good summation Anzac, i just find it funny that after the Tri series in Australia the Kiwis were looked upon as one of the best in the world, but in this tourny, they even made Pakistan look good...
:P:P:P:P:P

And i like seeing the Kiwis go well...

anzac

International Debutant
GB

another quick summary between then and now...

too many changes from the newbies that did well - most due to injury

not enough bloody batsmen & changes in the batting order

in short - a different team both in personnel and performance !!!!!

;)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree, i think the Kiwis problem is that they are trying to do a SA and have a team full of all rounders, and unfortunatley for them it aint workin...

I really enjoy watchin the Kiwis and in fatc most Aussies don't support them, i do, Shane Bond is one of my Fav players and i think he can become a star of the game...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand need to take a leaf out of Australia's book and play 6 batsmen/1 or 2 all-rounders max & 3 or 4 bowlers.

personally i'd like to see in the next year or so:

Nathan Astle
Michael Papps
Stephen Fleming
Peter Fulton
Craig McMillan
Chris Cairns
Brendon McCullum +
Andre Adams
Shane Bond
Daniel Vettori
Ian Butler