• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U19 Traingular: Bangladesh continues to impress

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
There won't be any welcome barring the players' mums and dads. Not even I can name the Under 19 side off the top of my head.
Rob Woodman, Rory Hamilton-Brown, Moeen Ali.....that's all I can think of. Tis a bummer R H-B was signed by Surrey before Somerset (he goes to Millfield), although Som. seem to be doin ok in the batting stakes what with Smith/Ponting playing & Hildreth coming through....anyway! Back to the U19s.....I hope they don't drop Woody.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Ben's 20 next month, and hence in the year above you. The current England U19s *should* be your age.
Yeah, they should be. That seems to work out right.

*faces sudden realisation that I'm well behind schedule if I want to play for England.......*

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
*faces sudden realisation that I'm well behind schedule if I want to play for England.......*
Develop a Doosra and you'll be there regardless of any actual ability.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Jungle Jumbo said:
Bangladesh U19 are very strong, with lots of raw talent. Here are some players to look out for:

Mushfiqur Rahim (Test match wk/batsman)
Saqibul Hasan (Left arm spin bowling all rounder)
Tamim Iqbal (opening batsman)
Raqibul Hasan (opening batsman)
Mehrab Hossain jnr (batsman, left arm spin bowler)
Shamshur Rahman (batsman)
Don't they have some offie who bowls like Murali and turns it a mile both ways? Or is he above U19 level?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
He's not even a regular club cricketer! Why on Earth not, if he causes so many problems? I hope he plays Internationally soon because I want to see him bowl.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The cubs streak comes to the end at the hands of Sri Lanka. They went down by 14 runs overnight.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Well done Bangladesh U19
Hopefully some of these players should be coming through soon, and Saqibul (yes, I know I keep going on about him) could become IMO the best SPIN bowling all rounder in the world within the next seven or eight years.

I am worried where the England U19 team is heading though...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jungle Jumbo said:
Well done Bangladesh U19
Hopefully some of these players should be coming through soon, and Saqibul (yes, I know I keep going on about him) could become IMO the best SPIN bowling all rounder in the world within the next seven or eight years.

I am worried where the England U19 team is heading though...
Cricinfo says:

Full name Saqibul Hasan
Born January 10, 1990, Magura, Khulna
Current age 15 years 337 days
Major teams Bangladesh A, Bangladesh Cricket Board XI
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Left-arm medium-fast

SPIN?

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Yeah, he is spinner. Cricinfo is wrong.

Neil Pickup said:
Cricinfo says:

Full name Saqibul Hasan
Born January 10, 1990, Magura, Khulna
Current age 15 years 337 days
Major teams Bangladesh A, Bangladesh Cricket Board XI
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Left-arm medium-fast

SPIN?

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Quote of Alister De Winter, U19 Coach of Bangladesh:

"We have seen a total of 35 U-19 playars in last 3 tournaments. The truth is that, everyone performed so well that we are now really confused to decide whom should we elliminate for the final round. The players have made the life of the selectors very difficult. From this one thing is pretty obvious, a bright cricket future is waiting for Bangladesh."