• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kabir Ali's Wierd Dismissal

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
In the match between Pak A and England Kabir Ali drove the bowler (Iftikhar Anjum Rao) straight down, the ball hit the bat of collingwood who was on the non strikers end, spooned up in the air, catch was taken and Kabir Ali was out. Needless to say the ball was in the air when it hit Collingwood's bat. If it had not hit his bat it would have gone for 4.

however...Andrew Miller believes the ball hit Collingwood's shoulder...either way it was a unique dismissal.

"while Kabir's innings ended in freakish circumstances, when his thumping straight drive cannoned off Collingwood's shoulder and looped into the hands of Rafitullah Mohammad at mid-on. "

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
BUT here is what the law says:

Law 32
3. A catch shall be considered to have been fairly made if
(e) a fielder catches the ball after it has touched an umpire, another fielder or the other batsman. However, it is not a fair catch if the ball has touched a protective helmet worn by a fielder, although the ball remains in play.

EDIT: ohohoh. found a video of the wicket. Its not copyrighted material so its ok to view.
http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...RT35KLN9Q2UT0IC

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's just plain bizarre. I'm amazed that he walked off so calmly too, I'd probably be standing there for a while looking bemused.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
jack_sparrow said:
I don't know guys...If this LINK doesn't work then I don't know what will
Thanks, that's great. Cue Scaly blaming Kabir for hitting it to close to Collingwood ....

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think you could have staged that dismissal =/
One of those moments of utter fluke lol

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
Don't think you could have staged that dismissal =/
One of those moments of utter fluke lol
And presumably it will be a "what happens next" feature on QOS very soon.