• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Bracewell

Salamuddin

International Debutant
John Wright (when he left India) said that he wanted an extended break from cricket.
Wonder if that will change if NZC approach with an attractive offer ?

I personally will be surprised if NZ persist with Bracewell to the next wc.
15 months is ample time for a decent coach to work with what I see as a bunch of very good players.
ATm, NZ look a little directionless and lacking in vigour and intensity. I also think there are some technical issues which have been exposed particularly at test level which Bracewell has failed to address.

I think the time is ripe for a change....

Craig

World Traveller
AndrewM said:
That's my point - there is no time for a replacement. A quick fix coach will not fix the problems overnight.
Worked for Australia in football/soccer.

Then again I suppose cricket matches aren't decided by a penalty shoot-out (or any other eqvioulant method).

Craig

World Traveller
Tim said:
But who's going to replace him? John Wright apparently wants some time out of coaching and there just isn't anyone else around in NZ. Are we going to be like most other countries now and select a foreign coach?
If the best person for the job is from another country and has a proven track record, then why not?

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Get rid of the stubborn old man

shaka said:
this result may ease the stress Braces has on keeping his job.
This is exactly the thiking that enables players like Parore and McMillan to hold their spots; making an average score once a series!

Bracewell is the worst coach NZ has had in the last decade. It's as if he persists with the same players because there is less risk involved. Additionally, he makes PC-type selections like James Marshall and Jeff Wilson, who never proved themselves - at the expense of regular performers. The risk is that we waste talent like Fulton and Ryder, who might give up the game before they are considered by the selectors.

He's a stubborn old man in the same mindset as John Mitchell. Get rid of him before he ruins NZ cricket any further.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Bracewell will almost certainly last until the World Cup.

If you look at the ICC's Ten Year Plan, there aren't that many opportunities for NZ to be humiliated until then. (Assuming NZ play well this summer.)

shaka

International Regular
if Nz had pulled off the 2nd game, people would be thinking differently, especially if the 3rd had gone the same way.

Blaze

Banned
shaka said:
if Nz had pulled off the 2nd game, people would be thinking differently, especially if the 3rd had gone the same way.

I doubt it. Bracewell is a clown. He should be out on his behind.

His comments today (I did actually agree with some things he said but other things were just absurd) reiterated that.