• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U19 National Championship

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jack horribly underused in Queensland's first innings, only getting 4 overs in (0/15) as QLD were bowled out for 134. He went better the second time around, however, taking 2/21 off 14 (including the opener and Skenner, who I believe was in the Australian U19 along with him) leaving QLD on 4/89.

It looks like Victoria are the team to beat in this thing, with NSW close behind them

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarence said:
Looks as if NSW have won the comp...
Indeed it does.

Victoria were absolutely routed by NSW, especially Moises Henriques, who took 4/39 off 15 and then made 65, leaving NSW at 5/190. Jackson (I think) Bird took 3/6 off 8.3 overs(!). Jack made 15 off 34 (dismissed by Henriques in the end), and took 1/52 off 14 as each of the Vic bowlers took a wicket each.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
Australian squad for 2006 ICC Under-19 World Cup announced
Cricket Australia has announced the 14-man squad to travel to Sri Lanka for the 2006 ICC Under-19 World Cup, played from 5 - 19 February 2006.

The squad is:

Moises Henriques (Captain) NSW RHB, RMF
Aaron Finch (Vice-captain) VIC RHB, SLA
Jackson Bird NSW RHB, RMF
Tom Cooper NSW RHB
Ben Cutting QLD RHB, RF
Jon Holland VIC RHB, SLA
Simon Keen NSW LHB, RMF
Usman Khawaja NSW LHB, RM
Jack McNamara VIC RHB, SLA
Adam Ritchard ACT RHB, RMF
William Sheridan ACT LHB, LS
Tom Stray VIC RHB, RM
Matthew Wade TAS LHB, WKT
David Warner NSW LHB, LS

Reserves
Ben Dunk QLD LHB, WKT
Phillip Wells NSW RHB, RM

Team management – Brian McFadyen (Coach), Matthew Mott (Assistant Coach), Geoff Tamblyn (Manager), Max Pfitzner (Physiotherapist).

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Jack's going to the World Cup! Great reward for a good series. Didn't have a bad game throughout the whole tournament.

brockley

International Captain
Congrats jack.
Some good names should dominate the side khawajah,cooper,stray,finch,henriques,cooper,jarrad bird,holland and jack,nucleus of a good side,henriques is the key with bat and ball tho.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tougher competition ahead Jack - if you ever feel low on confidence just remember you have loads of people from around the world here on CW who have faith in you!

We love you no matter how you perform.

Keep working, keep pushing yourself.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They showed the under-19 squad on the Cricket Show during the lunch break today. Saw J McNamara on the list :p

Linda

International Vice-Captain
:laughing: I saw Jacko today. Mark Taylor presented caps to the team close to where I was sitting. Well well well..

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well done Jackie boy, awesome news. :D

There should be something from the CW shop we can give Jack to wear during the World Cup - a wristband or something.......or when he takes a wicket he can lift up his shirt to reveal a t-shirt with "This one's for CW!" on it. :D :p

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
hmmm weird.

this "C Thompson" guy from the WA squad... does the "C" happen to stand for "Chris"

if so, HEY I MIGHT KNOW THE GUY, yippee, used to go to school with him.... mmm he was an idiot.... ;p