• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U19 National Championship

brockley

International Captain
Ah didn't know cool,hope you get picked vic :D .
Looking at form/stats this is the team i would pick for the youth world cup.
U khawajah,k sarnia,a finch C),b dunk,t ludeman,m henrqies vc)m wade, c hansberry,j macnamara,d clark,j bird,c sayers super sub.as well as g clarence,s keen,p molinari.
BTW do we have any warm ups before the world cup either in australia or overseas.I remember the year we won the youth world cup 5 years ago we had heaps of warm ups against the aussie academy and other academies,even the nz academy,hope we have good prep this time,last time we were not prepared.

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Jack doing his bit to book a place in the Australian squad for February's Under-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka. England U19, meanwhile, are being hit to all parts of Bangladesh and are officially not very good. The fact that Somerset's #11 is batting at four does not fill me with confidence. Thankfully we've got an easy draw!

Code:
Group A  	Group B		Group C		Group D

Pakistan	West Indies	India		England
New Zealand	South Africa	Sri Lanka	Zimbabwe
Bangladesh	Australia	Scotland	Ireland
Uganda		USA		Namibia		Nepal
I feel India are probably the side to beat at the forthcoming world cup.

I know they are very, very strong - they just won the Afro-Asia u-19 cup thrashing Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka on their way to the title.
The 16 yr old leg spinner who bowled Sachin Tendulkar with a googly is in their squad.

I hope Lanka do well - make the semis at least.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuff there Jack, solid performance. And wow at J Holland, whoever he is. 11/74 is hardly a bad effort

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
One would expect to see the Aus team flooded with NSW and VIC players...maybe 1 or 2 from SA, WA, QLD etc.

brockley

International Captain
Excellent effort by cooper catapaulted himself right back into contention,will probably see khawajah and cooper open up together khawajah got a 100 too,3 weeks back he got a grade 100 too.
The vics and NSW have super sides,been impressed by henriques 100 and 4 for in the same game,hope he gets a game in the 20/20's before the youth cup heard NSW is going to pick a young side for that series.