• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

have south australia produced australia's next "big" 4

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think South Australia and Victoria are the going to have big representations in the future. Tait & Cosgrove are the standouts for me from South Australia. I'm not convinced on Cullen yet, he needs to start getting early wickets and not having to wait until his 40th over to get 3 tailenders out. Ferguson still has a long way to go.

Victoria have 3 promising players IMO. Klinger, Wise and White. White needs to realise he is not going to be a regular bowler and concerntrate on his batting (which has improved no end in the last 2 seasons). I swear if I have to watch his goofy run up for the next 10 years, I'll go bald a lot quicker. Although Wise has only just started he looks very promising from what I have seen. As far as Klinger goes I've always rated him and now he is starting to get some kind of consistency with his batting, it could be the new role as opener, or he may just be maturing as a batsman.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Interesting thought on Klinger Mister Wright. I rate him too, and I just looked up his age. He's currently 25, which still gives him plenty of time.

Hopefully he improves that record though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Interesting thought on Klinger Mister Wright. I rate him too, and I just looked up his age. He's currently 25, which still gives him plenty of time.

Hopefully he improves that record though.
I used to go to school with Alan Rowe who toured with Klinger on the Australian U/19 tour to India in '98 or 99 and from memory Klinger had a stormer of a series and was captain. He started first class cricket quite well, but after Reiffel declared when he was on 99* he kind of went down hill, now he is back he looks to be a more consistent player.

As for the thread title, yes they have.

It's quite funny reading some of the opinions on Shaun Tait. What is blatantly obvious from reading them is that 90% of opinions posted in this thread are solely based on the Ashes.

One particular opinion was laughable and somewhat sad, which I'll quote below.

Clarence said:
Tait, I think everyone has been blinded by the fact that he is quick.
Sorry he doesn't bowl 6 "swing twicers" an over like Nathan Bracken.

That takes wickets at first class level, he isn't accurate enough to succeed at international level.
Australian First-Class sides are just as strong/stronger than several international sides.
He plays half his cricket on the ADELAIDE OVAL. To succeed there against quality batting which you're put against game after game in the Australian domestic competition is quite something. I suppose all of the Australian International players he's dismissed/destroyed in domestic cricket mean nothing?

At international level (and any level of cricket) what gets wickets is balls consistently going through the "corrifor of uncertainty" with movement off the seam/in the air.
You see friend, this is where you become undisputedly incorrect. Tait gets more movement off the seam/in the air than most bowlers, including Brett Lee. I highly advise that you actually WATCH HIM BOWL SOMETIME. Just a suggestion, but it might help the accuracy of your opinions in the future.

Even Brett Lee has only been somewhat successful at international level and he is far quicker and more accurate than Tait.
Far quicker?

Tait averages about 145, Lee is about 148. Lee is far quicker than McGrath, saying he's far quicker than Tait is ridiculous and yet again WRONG.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jose Mourinho said:
Australian First-Class sides are just as strong/stronger than several international sides.
Which Australian first class side, and which 'several' international sides?

I agree with you on Tait though. People are judging him a little too much on what they saw of him in the Ashes. If that's the case, Bell is a crap batsman, when he's quite clearly got the potential to be a very good batsman. The same goes for Tait, though I think he may not turn out as good as some Australian fans believe he will. He has the potential too though.