• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib's slower ball

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Speaking of laughing at each other, anybody know what Yousuf and Vaughan were talking about over and again when the captain was fielding at short square leg?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is it similar to the Chris Cairn slower ball?.From what i remember batsman use to get themselves in the same sort of tangle with Cairns slower one as they are getting with Shoaib's slower ball.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Xuhaib said:
Is it similar to the Chris Cairn slower ball?.From what i remember batsman use to get themselves in the same sort of tangle with Cairns slower one as they are getting with Shoaib's slower ball.
Today Cairns bowled three successive slower deliveries (between 108 and 111 kmph) at Hodge who had just come in and then bowled one at his regular pace (mid 130's) and Hodge promptly cut it bang into the point fielder's midriff. He didnt bowl another slower one till I watched after that.

Thats doing something different with your slower ball and smart :)

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Top_Cat said:
Couldn't imagine Shoaib charging in 30 metres every time just to throw down the funny red thing at 110km/h though!
Seam-ups are quite good, you know. So is taking the pace off the ball.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shoab's slower ball continues to do the job against England, this time in the 2nd ODI.

Its a beauty. :)