• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jamaica Team Goes Off For Bad Light When In Winning Position

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
it would have been more in the spirit of the game had they continued but i can kind of see the Jamaicans point of view. i bet the umpires were suprised when they were told their light offer was accepted

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
It's not about the "spirit of the game" - it's total and utter nonsense when you walk off with four to get and a wicket in hand, regardless of injury. It's not good for the spectators (however few there might have been), it's not good for the image of cricket, and ultimately it might cost them in terms of a final place (I kinda hope they miss out by four points now - it'd suit them).

I meant to bring this up in the WIndies domestic thread when I saw it...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
All I can say is that the thread title is misleading.

4 to win with 1 wicket in hand is not a winning position.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yes it is considering the opposition were just going through the motions and a wicket would have taken luck.

greg

International Debutant
roseboy64 said:
Yes it is considering the opposition were just going through the motions and a wicket would have taken luck.
A slightly bizarre post, but that's just my opinion. But then maybe we in England have a different perspective of this sort of situation :-)

A full toss outside off stump followed by a leg stump ribtickler would have done the trick.

Craig

World Traveller
They have 7.3 overs left so it is hardly they were under pressure to get the runs. They had 45 balls to get the runs, so they had heaps of time.

greg

International Debutant
Craig said:
Poor decision.

If they miss out by 4 points it would have been their own.
And if they qualify by less than 11 pts over leeward islands then they will be happyl

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
What opposition in their right mind would be just "going through the motions" when the game is in that sort of position?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Because they were having no effect on the batsmen and these are West Inidan cricketers mind you.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
What opposition in their right mind would be just "going through the motions" when the game is in that sort of position?
Presumably they had thought the game was gone...

But I agree with you, if you are not out there to win or at least try to, then why even bother turn up?