• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should the Black Caps do the haka?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
I wasn't suggesting that they should or shouldn't do it. I was just interested to bring up a debate on it.
Fair enough...although I don't think anyone in their right mind seriously thinks they should

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
Are you sure about that Burkey, i've never heard them do it...
They do it.

That is how I have heard the Indian and Pakistani national anthems song before Tests (that is the only way I have heard them and I quite like them - doesn't go on forever unlike the Argentinian one)and I have them sing South Africa's and Englands - on day 1 on the last Ashes series here in Brisbane I heard them sing 'Advance Australia Fair' and 'God Save The Queen'.

Craig

World Traveller
I would love to see it Lords infront of the members! They would love it every minute of it :laugh:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
They do it.

on day 1 on the last Ashes series here in Brisbane I heard them sing 'Advance Australia Fair' and 'God Save The Queen'.
Great day that

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The haka is stupid enough in rugby. It's a game of rugby, not a friggin war. Then the other team is supposed to stand there and watch in awe, utterly ludicrous, if I were there I'd just walk off and chat with the other players and carry on with the pre-match warm-up routines.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
The haka is stupid enough in rugby. It's a game of rugby, not a friggin war. Then the other team is supposed to stand there and watch in awe, utterly ludicrous, if I were there I'd just walk off and chat with the other players and carry on with the pre-match warm-up routines.
Which fits in neatly with your many other posts of a "Daily Mail reader"

No respect for other nation's traditions.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Australia tried this once and were sorry they ever did it.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Which fits in neatly with your many other posts of a "Daily Mail reader"

No respect for other nation's traditions.
Since when was it a tradition to do war dances (or whatever type of dance it is) in a rugby game?

Scaly piscine

Regardless, if they do wanna prance around in their own warm-up time fine, but why should the other team have to stop what they're doing?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Be hilarious though, New Zealand start doing the Haka, and the whole other team pulls out deckchairs, puts on shades and grab a newspaper :p

Scaly piscine

Jamee999 said:
Be hilarious though, New Zealand start doing the Haka, and the whole other team pulls out deckchairs, puts on shades and grab a newspaper :p
Na, better if they donned morris dancer garb and show how stupid the whole thing is.

Natman20

International Debutant
Heres my Players id like to see doing the haka xi:

Stephen Flemming
James Marshall
Lou Vincent
Hamish Marshall
Scott Styris
Jacob Oram
Andre Adams
Daniel Vettori
Jeetan Patel
Kyle Mills
James Franklin

Blaze

Banned
Scaly piscine said:

Utter disrespect.