• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will replace zimbabwae if...

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
I was reading this HEADLINE ARTICLE on cricinfo and wondered after reading that if zimbabwae does infact fold out of the asia cup tournament (Which is very likely) then who will replace them? Don't feel like researching, but who is already in the asia cup tourney?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well i would think that the Asia cup would consider all the asian nations. But drifting from the point i hope Zimbabwe's test status is stripped soon because they are in absolute shambles & are worst than Bangladesh now. So for the sake of preserving the standard of test cricket Zim has to go..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The Asia Cup, is slowly being changed to the Afro-Asia Cup, so it will be Kenya or UAE replace them in that comp. If im not mistaken the comp currently contains Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and South Africa.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If you guys are talking about a replacement for Zimbabwe in Test Cricket as whole, i serious doubt anyone will replace them. But if someone did replace them, then you have to consider the fact Ireland, Scotland and Holland all have better depth then Kenya. Kenya have a good 1st XI, but have next to no depth and have no real world class players coming through.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Namibia would be nice, but they are probably not strong enough yet (although they'd still probably beat Zimbabwe atm)

open365

International Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Namibia would be nice, but they are probably not strong enough yet (although they'd still probably beat Zimbabwe atm)
Liverpool CC's 4th team would beat Zimbabwe atm.

hopefully no-one will replace them in test cricket,players are already playing too much cricket,they don't need forgone walkovers of Zimbabwe.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Namiba :O are you mad..do you guys have any idea how many cricketers Namibia has ?!
300. way not enough!
I reckon main contenders are
1. Kenya(on what theyve gotten so far
2.Scotland( depth and friends with the ECB, playing one day league etc.)
3.Ireland(depth! and big future)
4.Holland(depth, good development going on.....)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I hear some of those Ghurkas can hit more sixes than Afridi, Freddie and Chris Cairns combined

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
If you guys are talking about a replacement for Zimbabwe in Test Cricket as whole, i serious doubt anyone will replace them. But if someone did replace them, then you have to consider the fact Ireland, Scotland and Holland all have better depth then Kenya. Kenya have a good 1st XI, but have next to no depth and have no real world class players coming through.
ahh good point, but for now i would go for 9 test playing nations..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
Can somewhere please explain....since when was Zimbabwe in the Asia Cup?

Schedule
Let me guess, next you're going to tell us CW 'A' didn't actually beat Trinidad and Tobago yesterday and that there's no real Champions Trophy coming up? 8-)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, if anyone bothered to read the article, we'd realise the Asia Cup isn't mentioned in it. Just an A-tour to Bangladesh