• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

100 in a year?

Will Warne make it to 100 Test wickets in 2005?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linda

International Vice-Captain
SirBloody Idiot said:
Nope. Lillee holds it with 85. Warne is next with 84, followed by Donald and Murali with 80.
Ah ok, thanks for that. Another record in the bag for Warney then.

Warne's best match figures at the WACA - 6/147 (against NZ)
Warne's best match figures at the MCG - 9/80 (against England)

Hmm, 99....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Gideon said:
Highly unlikely that Warney will get to 100.
It is highly unlikely, but this is Warne we're talking about - if anyone can pull the unexpected out, it's him, so I'm going to vote yes.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
No. Sixteen wickets in two tests isn't going to happen, especially not against South Africa, and especially not with McGrath and Lee opening the bowling.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
It is highly unlikely, but this is Warne we're talking about - if anyone can pull the unexpected out, it's him, so I'm going to vote yes.
my point.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can't quite see it. He really needs McGrath to put his elbow out again & MacGill to relegated to drinks waiter for mine!

simmy

International Regular
If anyone can do it.. it will be him... but I seriously doubt but I just cant see it happening.

You can almost guarantee that someone like McGrath is bound to take 2/3 wickets minimum every innings, so... no.

shaka

International Regular
I doubt he will, but perhaps he can prove me wrong, especially if MacGill is in the side.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah he won't. It'll be Jack McNamara who does it first. Mark my words

ryan563

Cricket Spectator
i don't think he will , i mean it's december for god's sake and he's only on 86 although he will get to 90

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
even being a kiwi/pom i would like him to get 100 for crickets sake but ill say no
here are some questions that may help to figure if he will get it or not.
1)what is his average wickets taken in a test inns?
2)" " vs SA?
3)" " @ Melborne?
4)" " @ WACA?
5)" " this year?
6)is Mcgill playing?

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Avg wickets per test Overall - 4.9
Avg wickets per test at WACA - 2.6
Avg wickets per test at Melbourne - 4.7
Avg wickets per test v SA - 5.6
Avg wickets per test 2005 - 6.4

It looks unlikely as the figures are per test not per innings. There are only three innings left and he needs 13 more so he needs 4-5 wickets an innings

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
i say yes.

because, anything can happen with shane warne, look at what he did this year in england. he lead australias bowling attack, if not for him england would be setting 500+ scores every innings :P

but itll be tough to get 100... i must say :P

he'll probably fall short haha

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I say it's unlikely, but possible (he only needs one big haul, and then it looks quite simple - especially if the big haul is in the 2nd Innings of the ongoing match). Unlikely, though.