• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Averaging 100 in both forms

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Here is something that I'm sure has never been done before by any current player past or present. After having played over 5 innings in both test and OD cricket Michael Hussey now boasts averages of over 100. In OD cricket his average is a staggering 123, and in test matches his average has climbed to 110. Surely this has to be considered one of the most remarkable starts to any individuals career, and something that I don't think has ever been done or will be done again for a very long time.

Surely the selectors can't be blamed too much for putting Hussey in earlier, as Australia have been so busy dominating world cricket for so long that it was hard to justify his selection. But now after the Ashes loss and a few chances opening up, Hussey may well turn out to be one of the finest cricketers on the world stage.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's better than Bradman! He's like some sort of Ninja-Bradman.

Now if that doesn't ensure a first-baller in the second dig, I don't know what will.

Slats4ever

i dunno it's an interesting statistic. Maybe Pieterson would've been but i was sure his OD avg had dropped below 100.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Oh come on... are you serious?? What does this stat say? He's had a fair few not outs early in his ODI career and played a couple of good innings on flat wickets against the might of the West Indies. When he's averaging the same after 15 Tests and 50 ODIs, I'd think that this merits any discussion.

Top_Cat

Oh come on... are you serious?? What does this stat say? He's had a fair few not outs early in his ODI career and played a couple of good innings on flat wickets against the might of the West Indies. When he's averaging the same after 15 Tests and 50 ODIs, I'd think that this merits any discussion.
I will not hear a bad word against the Ninja! Hang your head in shame! He has God-like batting powers! In fact, he IS God!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

take it easy its just a freaky stat thing, i doubt anyone really thinks he can maintain averages over 100 in both forms ;)

Slats4ever

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
ffs mate all i'm saying is that it's a stat. I'm not trying to prove anything by it...

If it says one thing but Liam it says the the West Indian attack is s*house.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
Here is something that I'm sure has never been done before by any current player past or present. After having played over 5 innings in both test and OD cricket Michael Hussey now boasts averages of over 100. In OD cricket his average is a staggering 123, and in test matches his average has climbed to 110. Surely this has to be considered one of the most remarkable starts to any individuals career, and something that I don't think has ever been done or will be done again for a very long time.
5 innings, but how many dismissals?

3 and 4 - not 5.

Slats4ever

ffs why are you all getting so uptight about this. I merely stated the interesting fact that he averages over 100 in both forms after having 5 innings in each form.

Slats4ever

who ever said nything about "cut-offs" thought!!! I'm not cutting him off from anyone. merely stating that he's had 5 test innings and his average is above 100. Please tell me what's wrong with that basic statement and I'll admit u aren't a fool.