cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Averaging 100 in both forms

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar

Averaging 100 in both forms

Here is something that I'm sure has never been done before by any current player past or present. After having played over 5 innings in both test and OD cricket Michael Hussey now boasts averages of over 100. In OD cricket his average is a staggering 123, and in test matches his average has climbed to 110. Surely this has to be considered one of the most remarkable starts to any individuals career, and something that I don't think has ever been done or will be done again for a very long time.

Surely the selectors can't be blamed too much for putting Hussey in earlier, as Australia have been so busy dominating world cricket for so long that it was hard to justify his selection. But now after the Ashes loss and a few chances opening up, Hussey may well turn out to be one of the finest cricketers on the world stage.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    He's better than Bradman! He's like some sort of Ninja-Bradman.

Now if that doesn't ensure a first-baller in the second dig, I don't know what will.

Was Pieterson doing so after his first Test at Lords? Or had his ODI average dropped below 100 by then?

i dunno it's an interesting statistic. Maybe Pieterson would've been but i was sure his OD avg had dropped below 100.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Oh come on... are you serious?? What does this stat say? He's had a fair few not outs early in his ODI career and played a couple of good innings on flat wickets against the might of the West Indies. When he's averaging the same after 15 Tests and 50 ODIs, I'd think that this merits any discussion.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Oh come on... are you serious?? What does this stat say? He's had a fair few not outs early in his ODI career and played a couple of good innings on flat wickets against the might of the West Indies. When he's averaging the same after 15 Tests and 50 ODIs, I'd think that this merits any discussion.
    I will not hear a bad word against the Ninja! Hang your head in shame! He has God-like batting powers! In fact, he IS God!

Just hope that the ninja can get over this setback.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10202732/

Lets hope that the loss of such a great man won't affect the ninja's output...

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk

take it easy its just a freaky stat thing, i doubt anyone really thinks he can maintain averages over 100 in both forms
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    ffs mate all i'm saying is that it's a stat. I'm not trying to prove anything by it...

If it says one thing but Liam it says the the West Indian attack is s*house.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    Here is something that I'm sure has never been done before by any current player past or present. After having played over 5 innings in both test and OD cricket Michael Hussey now boasts averages of over 100. In OD cricket his average is a staggering 123, and in test matches his average has climbed to 110. Surely this has to be considered one of the most remarkable starts to any individuals career, and something that I don't think has ever been done or will be done again for a very long time.
    5 innings, but how many dismissals?

3 and 4 - not 5.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

ummm does that change the fact that it's still been 5 innings?

ffs why are you all getting so uptight about this. I merely stated the interesting fact that he averages over 100 in both forms after having 5 innings in each form.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    ummm does that change the fact that it's still been 5 innings?
    When averages are looked at, it's dismissals that are used as a cut off.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    The Wisden Wizard could have actually been very useful to find this.

who ever said nything about "cut-offs" thought!!! I'm not cutting him off from anyone. merely stating that he's had 5 test innings and his average is above 100. Please tell me what's wrong with that basic statement and I'll admit u aren't a fool.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information