• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2005/2006 State League (NZ women)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
ND all the Way. I'm really impressed someone actually knows about the state league on here.

Blaze

Banned
Tamara said:
ND all the Way. I'm really impressed someone actually knows about the state league on here.

I know a little bit about it too... I know a couple of the Wellington girls and follow the NZ womens team so I know who to look out for.

crickyfan

Cricket Spectator
I don't know that much about it but I read in the paper than Emily Drumm had moved to ND and she's awesome.

Someone else told me ND had heaps of batting this year, like more than other years because they'd got Em and some players coming back or something. They've always had okay bowlers.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
crickyfan said:
I don't know that much about it but I read in the paper than Emily Drumm had moved to ND and she's awesome.

Someone else told me ND had heaps of batting this year, like more than other years because they'd got Em and some players coming back or something. They've always had okay bowlers.
Yeah she is awesome. one of the highest quality and most respected players in the world.. She will do alot for a very young side.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Otago have been weakened hugely. Rachael Pullar, and Paula Flannery are both unavavialble and they have lost a couple of others as well.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Yeah although she is often away playing basketball for New Zealand as well. But players like her, Katey martin, and Sarah Tsukigawa are senior players and all very young

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
yes i got drafted to northern Districts last season and had a good year so have decided to return this year for both development and State

crickyfan

Cricket Spectator
Good 4 you. (never liked those cantabs much anyway)

Hope your ND team goes well this year (except against Auckland :)

What's your batting order going to be like?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Im not the coach or selector but I would think it would be something like this. I think we may have a warm up against Auckland next weekend so I'm guessing that be the tester for positions.It is so strong you can pretty much move anyof the top 7 around and them still be comfortable where they are batting.

Fraser
Gould
Drumm
Murphy
N. Browne
V.Brown
Wilkins
Millkan
Hannay
Goodson
(then the other 2 positions I would guess come down to how the team goes at Development tournament)

cricketchick

Cricket Spectator
Hi there Tamara, I follow cricket pretty closely and follow most of the players. I see that Wilkins is back playing for ND this year. That should be good for ND.

It looks like a number of the other teams will be considerably weaker this season. Particularly, Otago (with the loss of Puller and Flannery), CD (with the loss of Pulford and Connor) and Wellington (with the loss of Harford, Lewis, Green and Godliman). Canterbury may also struggle by the look of their squad and lack of proven quality batters.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I dont think anyone really knows what will happen this year until after the first few round. Wilkins and Drumm add so much experience and depth to our batting line up which is always where ND have struggled.

Canterbury will always perform well as they have very high standards and such huge depth. Alot rests on Fahey/Tiffen to score runs with out Taylor, Gerrish and wilkins there this year. They have alot of bowling strength though and I always know the will always be the team to bet. So professional

GoTheGirls

Cricket Spectator
I'm so impressed people are talking about the State League on here. I wish I was good enough to play in it!

CD are my favourite team but I live in Dunedin now so I support the sparks.

I don't know why Kate Pulford isn't playing but that's a shame, she was awesome. I saw her smash an amazing 100 for CD once.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Greeny Has back trouble I believe. SHe has struggled all through her career bowling and has a stress fracture. I think playing club as a batter/fielder in christchurch at the moment. Maybe bowling a little bit.

Pulford is a huge loss for CD. Opening bowler and top 4 batter out of an already struggling team is a huge loss. They also dont have Liz perry(gone to wellington), Zara McWilliams(australia) so they really will have to develop so new players