• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A team of 11 spinners !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Benny2k1 said:
Ok top of my head 11 spinners in a side

Sachin Tendulkar
Sanath Jayasuria
Brian lara
Mark Waugh
Viv Richards
A Flower (wk)
A Border (c)
S Warne
J Laker
Bill O'Reilly
M Muralitharan

12th Man: Kevin Peiterson
13th Man: Ritchie Benaud
Here's one to beat that.

1. Gavaskar (the wicket of Zaheer Abbas !!)
2. Hutton (Leg spin - 3 test wickets including Windies opener Stollmeyer)
3. Bradman (Leg spin 2 test wkts including an all time great in Hammond clean bowled)
4. Worrell (Leg spin - 69 test wickets)
5. Compton (LAS - 25 test wkts including Hassett, Sutcliffe, Stollmeyer, Arthur Morris)
6. Sobers (LAS - 232 test wickets)
7. Woolley (keeper and LAS-kept wickets for England once and also has 83 test wickets)
8. BOTHAM !! (proof)
9. Jim Laker (OS)
10. Clarrie Grimmett (LS)
11. SF Barnes (leg spin - 189 wkts in 27 tests a lot of them with leg spin:sleep: )

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why not have Botham in the side, I remember reading an article in Wisden about a match against Sri Lanka where Botham was bowling offpsin. I think he picked up a load of wickets as well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Why not have Botham in the side, I remember reading an article in Wisden about a match against Sri Lanka where Botham was bowling offpsin. I think he picked up a load of wickets as well.
Oh thanks. It alsp proves that Botham is the greaest.
*ducks for cover*

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
AND under the Ponting ruling, he would never have been out in the first place because it was a sub who illegally caught him. Cheating ******** *****!!!