• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hardest hitters

Destructive.

1 - Brett Lee
2 - Shahid Afridi
3 - Kemp
4 - Gilly
5 - Cairns
6 - Clown
7 - Astle
8 - Powell
9 - Jayasuriya
10 - Sehwag
11 - Gayle
12 - Razzaq
13 - Ponting
14 - Pollock
15 - Hayden
16 - Lara
17 - Flintoff

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shahid_Afridi_6 said:
Destructive.

1 - Brett Lee
2 - Shahid Afridi
3 - Kemp
4 - Gilly
5 - Cairns
6 - Clown
8 - Powell
9 - Jayasuriya
10 - Sehwag
11 - Gayle
12 - Razzaq
13 - Ponting
14 - Pollock
15 - Hayden
16 - Lara
17 - Flintoff
Is that an official nickname? I'd only ever heard it on here in the last few days - and now two people are using it.

Is there no number 7 in Australian?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
*cough* Pakistan *cough*
Oh yes, sorry. Pakistan.

How would George Bush put it? Oh yes.

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.

Sorry again.

Natman20

International Debutant
Consistently destructive:

1 - Shahid Afridi
2 - Kemp
3 - Gilly
4 - Sehwag
5 - Cairns
6 - Flintoff
7 - Hayden
8 - Pieterson
9 - Gayle
10 - Ponting
11 - Clown
12 - Brett Lee
13 - Astle
14 - Lara
15 - Pollock
16 - Razzaq
17 - Jayasuriya
18 - Powell

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't forget KP folks.

As for Astle - err what's he done apart from one innings in a hopeless cause? Certainly isn't consistent.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
Don't forget KP folks.

As for Astle - err what's he done apart from one innings in a hopeless cause? Certainly isn't consistent.
Fifteen ODI hundreds opening the batting, 76 sixes in ODIs and 39 in tests...

Mr Mxyzptlk

_Ed_ said:
Fifteen ODI hundreds opening the batting, 76 sixes in ODIs and 39 in tests...
Hundreds have nothing to do with hard-hitting though. Powell only has one, and he's one of the hardest hitters about.

_Ed_

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hundreds have nothing to do with hard-hitting though. Powell only has one, and he's one of the hardest hitters about.
True, but when Astle gets his hundreds he gets them really quite fast.

Having said that I probably don't think he should be on that list, was just replying to what I thought was a rather harsh comment about Astle, who has been a very good batsman for NZ.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
_Ed_ said:
True, but when Astle gets his hundreds he gets them really quite fast.

Having said that I probably don't think he should be on that list, was just replying to what I thought was a rather harsh comment about Astle, who has been a very good batsman for NZ.
I was commenting in the context of 'hardest hitters' not in the context of his batting ability - in terms of sixes he's hit fewer than McMillan and McMillan has played fewer games.

Scaly piscine said:
I was commenting in the context of 'hardest hitters' not in the context of his batting ability - in terms of sixes he's hit fewer than McMillan and McMillan has played fewer games.
I was just thinking how McMillan should be in there too.

ClownSymonds said:
1. Afridi
2. Clown
3-10. The Distant Rest
Honorable Mention: He Who Hit The Roof, MEK Hussey
What's up mate?

I can already see from my short time here that you certainly know your cricket.

It's a joke that Watson is picked ahead of clown. He's not fit to paint clowns face.

Clown is one of the best batsman and the second best allrounder in the world behind Afridi. He should be a test regular as well as one of the first names on the team sheet.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shahid_Afridi_6 said:
What's up mate?

I can already see from my short time here that you certainly know your cricket.

It's a joke that Watson is picked ahead of clown. He's not fit to paint clowns face.

Clown is one of the best batsman and the second best allrounder in the world behind Afridi. He should be a test regular as well as one of the first names on the team sheet.
Oh, do us a favour.

Anyone can see that you are

a) Comparing notes
b) Both former banned members
c) Trolls.
d) Stupid if you think you are fooling anyone.

My money's on d)