Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: England considering diplomatic snub!

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Once again a rather rubbish response but I cdidn't expect anything better based on that map. Btw Can you guess the maximum travel time betwen any two venue there ?.
    As I see it, pretty well every time I try to reply seriously to anything at all, usually to give my interpretation by way of explanation to some question or other asking 'Why has such and such a person taken this course of action', you chip in with something along the lines of "That's another typical response from Luckyeddie" or "Just what do we expect from you" or "Another typically arrogant blah blah".

Oh well. Whatever flavours your condom.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Dude, if you dont know something...Please dont comment on it. Jamshedpur is a major Industrial city in India and has hosted many ODIs, even England have played there before.

I have not visited Agartala so can't comment on the venue, But Queen's team are going to whine, no matter what they are offered.
    I have been fully informed of the situation. I don't need you mouthing off about how I shouldn't comment on things that I "don't know". The fact of the matter is that Jamshedpur, whether it has hosted many ODIs or not, is still a relatively obscure venue. And I wasn't even focusing on that. Agartala is ridiculously obscure, not to mention out of the way. Admit that India are just trying to throw their weight around with this ridiculous itinerary.

When India tour England, perhaps they should play their warm-up matches in Diego Garcia and the Falkland Islands.
    I bowl seam-ups and take the pace off the ball.

England have no choice but to play at the venues suggested by Indian cricket board, playing practice matches in Pakistan is plain stupid.

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nehrafan
    England have no choice but to play at the venues suggested by Indian cricket board, playing practice matches in Pakistan is plain stupid.
    Why do they have no choice?

If it's a 'suggestion', then surely there's a choice? Otherwise, it's an order.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Why do they have no choice?

If it's a 'suggestion', then surely there's a choice? Otherwise, it's an order.
    Then consider that as an order .

THe scheduled venues aren't really that bad and England team would be looked after well as they have always been

Pakistan playing dirty here, they should saty out of England's tour of India, instead they are asking England to play matches in Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by nehrafan
    Then consider that as an order .

THe scheduled venues aren't really that bad and England team would be looked after well as they have always been
    I think that Andrew Flintoff would disagree. After all, he was shot in India. He saw pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownSymonds
    I think that Andrew Flintoff would disagree. After all, he was shot in India. He saw pellets.
    yeah....pretty funny!!!
    Member of the AAAS

C_C
    The fact of the matter is that Jamshedpur, whether it has hosted many ODIs or not, is still a relatively obscure venue.
    If Jamshedpur is an obscure venue, any venue in Australia apart from Sydney is an obscure venue.
    And FYI, the travel times you are talking is not much. Jamshedpur to Agartala is 2 hrs by plane, the longest flight is Agartala to Ahmedabad in that itenary and thats a 3 hrs flight- thats less time than Perth to Sydney.

India is a big country with a lotta venues - and more venues are being developed. As long as the lodging conditions are up to standard and the team has the standard time between matches, England should stop its typical whining and get on with it.
    They have no busieness interfering with the progress of the subcontinental cricket.

This itenary is no more travel than many other tours in the recent past.
    When PAK came to IND, they played in Dharmasala,Mohali, Kolkata,Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cochin, Vishakapatnam,Jamshedpur, Ahmedabad,Kanpur and Delhi.
    They didnt whine.

When Zimbabwe came, they played in Vijaywada,Nagpur, New Delhi,Faridabad,Mohali,Kochi,Hyderabad and Guwahati. They didnt whine either.

Maybe BCCI should keep ready some diapers and pacifiers too or else the English team might just flip out and whine about lack of comfort.

The guy suffers from hallucination, the only thing that was ever thrown on English players happen to be rose petals!! And thats a part of ur great traditional wellcome.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    As I see it, pretty well every time I try to reply seriously to anything at all, usually to give my interpretation by way of explanation to some question or other asking 'Why has such and such a person taken this course of action', you chip in with something along the lines of "That's another typical response from Luckyeddie" or "Just what do we expect from you" or "Another typically arrogant blah blah".

Oh well. Whatever flavours your condom.
    Are you saying that "I believe the point is that any idiot with a GCSE in logistics could come up with a far more logical sequence of games, and hence the routes between them." is a serious reply ??

A better response would have been suggesting a better sequence rather than the vitriol you came up with just because some poms may have to stay in a motel.

And yes that was a typical eddie response...

I have been fully informed of the situation. I don't need you mouthing off about how I shouldn't comment on things that I "don't know". The fact of the matter is that Jamshedpur, whether it has hosted many ODIs or not, is still a relatively obscure venue. And I wasn't even focusing on that. Agartala is ridiculously obscure, not to mention out of the way. Admit that India are just trying to throw their weight around with this ridiculous itinerary.
    Jamshedpur is an abscure venue ?? Relative to which place ?? Really, You cant get more ridiculous than that and obviously you dont have a clue about the place and you certainly continue your rant. As for your assumptions..well they are as ridiculous as rest of your post.

When India tour England, perhaps they should play their warm-up matches in Diego Garcia and the Falkland Islands.
    Yeah then they should be ready to plat @ Nicobar & Lakshdweep..not that Indians are going to complain..

Jamshedpur is an abscure venue ?? Relative to which place ?? Really, You cant get more ridiculous than that and obviously you dont have a clue about the place and you certainly continue your rant. As for your assumptions..well they are as ridiculous as rest of your post.

Yeah then they should be ready to plat @ Nicobar & Lakshdweep..not that Indians are going to complain..
    For the sake of the community, solve your attitude problem. It's appaling. You only make yourself out to be a jerk and a fool by mouthing off like that.

Jamshedpur is an obscure venue relative to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, etc. And that wasn't even the key point. The biggest issue is Agartala.

C_C
    Jamshedpur is an obscure venue relative to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, etc. And that wasn't even the key point. The biggest issue is Agartala.
    Agartala - population : 200,000.
    England is scheduled to play a warmup match there.

Canterbury- population (2001 est) : 135000
    India played there in their tour in 2002.

Your ignorance of Agartala does not diminish its ability to host a match in any shape or form.
    And if Agartala is obscure, you should erase that obscurity by educating yourself.

Its interesting that England always have to whine about something or another- if its not about venues and locations, its about accomodation and security. if its not that, then its 'make up charges of cheating and accuse players of that without a shred of evidence' policy.

Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Agartala - population : 200,000.
    England is scheduled to play a warmup match there.

Canterbury- population (2001 est) : 135000
    India played there in their tour in 2002.

Your ignorance of Agartala does not diminish its ability to host a match in any shape or form.
    And if Agartala is obscure, you should erase that obscurity by educating yourself.

Its interesting that England always have to whine about something or another- if its not about venues and locations, its about accomodation and security. if its not that, then its 'make up charges of cheating and accuse players of that without a shred of evidence' policy.
    Canterbury - miles east of London
    Agartala - on the far side of Bangladesh

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information