• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

all round team (unbeatable)

Shahid Afridi

School Boy/Girl Captain
hes classified as an all rounder! however when you state an all rounder, hes the type of an all rounder the like tendulkar and ganguly¬

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
I was going more on what the players are picked as, rather than their actual records.

There is no doubt that Gayle is picked for his batting alone, and he wouldnt make a 3rd XI on his bowling. I guess the reverse could be said Pollock, but I have issues with classing batsmen who roll their arm over occassionally as allrounders.

There's no question about Watson at all. He is most certainly picked as an allrounder - he wouldnt make the Australian side any other way..

Anyway, I ended up leaving Gayle in the side, as I think he qualifies as more than simply a batsman who rolls his arm over.... just.
Chris Gayle 2005:

SR 73.72; 18 wickets in 7 Tests; average: 32podd
30+ overs per Test

Daren Powell 2005:

SR 75.96; 26 wickets in 10 Tests; average: 45podd
33 overs per Test

The reason the West Indies haven't been playing a spinner with Gayle in the team is that he's been doing a lot of bowling recently, and doing an adequate job too.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Chris Gayle 2005:

SR 73.72; 18 wickets in 7 Tests; average: 32podd
30+ overs per Test

Daren Powell 2005:

SR 75.96; 26 wickets in 10 Tests; average: 45podd
33 overs per Test

The reason the West Indies haven't been playing a spinner with Gayle in the team is that he's been doing a lot of bowling recently, and doing an adequate job too.
Yeah, fair enough, thats why I left him in. Doesnt stop him from being "borderline" though.