• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughn says that Kaneria is a better legspinner than Warne.

I was watching Sky Sports either today or last night and Charles Colville said that Vaughn said this.

Did anyone else hear it?

Thoughts/ opinions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't see it, but it's totally counter-intuitive to me. Warne's far superior just now, even if Kaneria does possess a much better Bosie.

If Vaughan did say it I'd imagine he's seeking to make psychological mileage out of it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Shahid_Afridi_6 said:
I was watching Sky Sports either today or last night and Charles Colville said that Vaughn said this.

Did anyone else hear it?

Thoughts/ opinions.
One is an all time wicket taker. Infact forget his no. of wickets..I would take Warnie over anyone just for the sake of entertainmain value.

greg

International Debutant
He probably said something along the lines of "Kaneria presents a different, and in some respects (ie. ability to turn the ball both ways) harder challenge than Warne" which would be fair enough.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Yeah i seem to agree with greg. Everyone knows warne is a legend......but maybe Vaughan finds kaneria a bit tough to play???

open365

International Vice-Captain
maybe his true words were completely miss-quoted by the media so this would happen?

yes,that seems the most likely possibility.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Bowling spin isn't just about turning the ball, though Warne has been bowling alot more wrong'uns of late.

but comparing Kaneria to Warne is laughable :lol:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shahid_Afridi_6 said:

Did anyone else hear it?

Thoughts/ opinions.
I honestly didn't know that you got Sky Sports in Pakistan.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't see it, but it's totally counter-intuitive to me. Warne's far superior just now, even if Kaneria does possess a much better Bosie.
Through the 90's, there were grade leggies with better wrong 'uns than Warnie. Now he's finally worked it up to 'passable Test standard' but yeah saying you have a better googly than Warnie is like saying you have a better hook shot than Sourav Ganguly. :D

That said, I think Kaneria looks like he's about ready to start dominating. Certainly his bowling in the current series looks world-class sometimes.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
There is no comparison. Warne is a legend. Kaneria is only now starting to establish himself as a priemere spinner in the world. Maybe Vaughan finds Kaneria tougher. Or maybe what he really meant was that a 25-year old Kaneria is better then a 36(?)-year old Warne.

Josh

International Regular
greg said:
He probably said something along the lines of "Kaneria presents a different, and in some respects (ie. ability to turn the ball both ways) harder challenge than Warne" which would be fair enough.
at Warne's current age, maybe, but not in general comparison. Never.