• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I think its time.......

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cric_manic said:
why not he cant be worse then the people that we have tried
I could never understand that statement. Unless your openers are averaging 0, I assure you he can. Ask Geraint Jones.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I could never understand that statement. Unless your openers are averaging 0, I assure you he can. Ask Geraint Jones.
Sure you have a point,but wat im saying is that imo he is better than who we have tried.
how many openers have NZ tried who havent worked
Cumming,Marshall,Vincent,Sinclair,Horne,Bell,Nevin,Stead,Plus more,i think he can do a better job than eny of those players

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
cric_manic said:
Sure you have a point,but wat im saying is that imo he is better than who we have tried.
how many openers have NZ tried who havent worked
Cumming,Marshall,Vincent,Sinclair,Horne,Bell,Nevin,Stead,Plus more,i think he can do a better job than eny of those players
You forgot Pocock, Murray, Hartland, and Vance. The first three, in particular, were breathtaking in their ineptitude.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Blaze said:
Papps and How for me. McCullum should be opening in one dayers.
yea How looks like a good player but it looks like they dont want to blood new players.
Fulton,How,Taylor,Ryder all good players to.

We dont need new ODI openers Astle and Fleming are doing a good enough job and McCullum is valuble lower down the order late in ODI's with his strong hitting and fast running

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
For tests I think it needs to be Papps, he's been scoring alot of runs over the last 8 months for 'A' teams, Academies etc.

How hasn't really pushed on, he'll be disappointed for sure but there's no doubt he's slipped off the radar a little, just when he really needed to hammer the final nail.

Not sure what the selectors have against Fulton, but they obviously think he's got flaws. I can't understand that when he averages almost double to that of the players they are currently selecting.

The selectors will be wanting to see some guys score runs consistently this season..I think they'll be looking out for How, Papps, Jesse Ryder & Fulton to step up.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Tim said:
For tests I think it needs to be Papps, he's been scoring alot of runs over the last 8 months for 'A' teams, Academies etc.

How hasn't really pushed on, he'll be disappointed for sure but there's no doubt he's slipped off the radar a little, just when he really needed to hammer the final nail.

Not sure what the selectors have against Fulton, but they obviously think he's got flaws. I can't understand that when he averages almost double to that of the players they are currently selecting.

The selectors will be wanting to see some guys score runs consistently this season..I think they'll be looking out for How, Papps, Jesse Ryder & Fulton to step up.
Yea iv always liked the look of Papps

Natman20

International Debutant
When I think Papps all that popps into my head is a dent in his helmet and a large bump on his head. I think he would be more than glad if he got the chance to face Brett Lee again

Natman20

International Debutant
I think Papps should be playing he is a great player and I have always thought that. I think that Vincent has been playing great lately but I just feel hes 'up' and 'down' all the time. I also think that Cumming is a reasonable player and I would love to see Fulton finally get a spot maybe replacing Marshall in the series against Sri Lanka or something just to try him out.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Natman20 said:
I think Papps should be playing he is a great player and I have always thought that. I think that Vincent has been playing great lately but I just feel hes 'up' and 'down' all the time. I also think that Cumming is a reasonable player and I would love to see Fulton finally get a spot maybe replacing Marshall in the series against Sri Lanka or something just to try him out.
He's not a GREAT player he is a very good player.And you can't replace Marshall after 1 bad series he was starting to look good in last few games of the SA series
Vincent may have 'turned the corner' and we may see the best of him from now on

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cric_manic said:
yea but there arnt alot of batsmen who can play Lee well when he is bowling well
There's not enough batsmen who've had to play Lee when he's bowling well for a sample to be significant.