cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woolmer and Pakistan

Cricket Spectator

Woolmer and Pakistan

First of all i apologise for being a **** yesterday.It was out of order and i won't do it again.

Pakistan in this match have reminded me of Woolmer's South Africa,they may not be the greatest players in the world but they have not given up and fought their way back into the match.In other years under different coaches Pakistan would have crumbled and lost by an innings from the position they were in at the end of day 2.
    If Woolmer is given enough time i feel he can make this team into a decent unit who will be bloody hard to beat.
    If you look at what Woolmer had with South Africa he has some similarities in this Pakistan side.Butt is his Kirsten,Razzaq will be his Klusener when fit,Shoaib is the Donald,He is prepared to give the young keeper his head like he did Boucher.He has a far better spinner though than he ever had in South Africa.

Win or lose this match Pakistan fans can be proud of their team.

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Woolmer is an excellent coach, an extremely knowledgable man and a deep thinker about the game. I wish him all the success in the world, but really wish that he could start the winning habit next year.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

I have been watching this Test and think both teams have played good cricket, but have been surprised by the lack of people at the ground?
    You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ashes winners
    First of all i apologise for being a **** yesterday.It was out of order and i won't do it again.

Pakistan in this match have reminded me of Woolmer's South Africa,they may not be the greatest players in the world but they have not given up and fought their way back into the match.In other years under different coaches Pakistan would have crumbled and lost by an innings from the position they were in at the end of day 2.
    If Woolmer is given enough time i feel he can make this team into a decent unit who will be bloody hard to beat.
    If you look at what Woolmer had with South Africa he has some similarities in this Pakistan side.Butt is his Kirsten,Razzaq will be his Klusener when fit,Shoaib is the Donald,He is prepared to give the young keeper his head like he did Boucher.He has a far better spinner though than he ever had in South Africa.

Win or lose this match Pakistan fans can be proud of their team.
    I dont think hes that committed to cricket ....
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

I have been watching this Test and think both teams have played good cricket, but have been surprised by the lack of people at the ground?
    1. Extremely tight security. The eagerness to watch cricket is kinda spoiled when you have to go through 7 police checkpoint, searched at about two places, aren't allowed to bring anything in the ground bigger than a middle-sized paperback or a polythene plastic bag and can expect the view of the pitch to be obscured by blowing clouds of dirt and hundreds of policemen that are everywhere. (even in the rafters?)

Seriously, the security was akin to a presidential visit.

2. Ground's pretty much out in the woods as far as locality is concerned. The public transport (to and from the stadium) is rather ****** and with the skyrocketing prices of oil these days, not many people want to travel a long way only to go through the hassle described above.

3. Test match = general apathy among the public.

I like Woolmer. I did find it awkward though whenever the camera would go on him (when England were on top too) and he'd realise this, look at the camera, smile and wave. It just looked weird.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Shoaib Malik and S Afridi are two guys who have improved alot under Woolmer.

However Woolmer shouldn't spoil the career of Asim Kamal, and he should now drop M Sami from Pak team and give more deserving cadidate in Gul or Asif a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GladiatrsInBlue
    Shoaib Malik and S Afridi are two guys who have improved alot under Woolmer.

However Woolmer shouldn't spoil the career of Asim Kamal, and he should now drop M Sami from Pak team and give more deserving cadidate in Gul or Asif a chance.
    Alternatively he could show faith in Mohammad Sami and reap the rewards later for his patience.

After all, the 'born again' Shoaib is something to see this week, yet six weeks ago he was being written off as a joke.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    I have been delighted as a Shoaib fan the guy was handled by Woolmer-Inzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    I have been delighted as a Shoaib fan the guy was handled by Woolmer-Inzy.
    Me too.

The main reason for Pakistan's (and Shoaib's) revival could be seen waving shyly every time the cameras fell on him. I've got a lot of time for Bob Woolmer's man-management skills (and Inzy's breakfast-management skills).

Woolmer is by far the best coach Pakistan have ever had. If given time, he could truly transform Pakistan to consistent levels of brilliance. What's more, he came to Pakistan at just the right time. I'm the biggest fan in the world of Miandad the PLAYER, but as coach he wasn't cutting it. This young team needed Woolmer and his coaching expertise. Also, being an outsider he's less prone to getting involved in regional/traditional biases that affect almost everyone else in the Pakistan Cricket Board!

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    Woolmer is by far the best coach Pakistan have ever had. If given time, he could truly transform Pakistan to consistent levels of brilliance. What's more, he came to Pakistan at just the right time. I'm the biggest fan in the world of Miandad the PLAYER, but as coach he wasn't cutting it. This young team needed Woolmer and his coaching expertise. Also, being an outsider he's less prone to getting involved in regional/traditional biases that affect almost everyone else in the Pakistan Cricket Board!
    Javed Miandad to somehow get rid of him, take his job and try to take the credit for Pakistan becoming a good team again in 5....4....3.... (again)

Anything against Miandad, sir ?

School Boy/Girl Captain a10khan's Avatar
    it dint take this win for me to realise what woolmer has done for pak in the last 16 months. if he lost, certainly no such thread would have been started.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by a10khan
    it dint take this win for me to realise what woolmer has done for pak in the last 16 months. if he lost, certainly no such thread would have been started.
    Check your facts.I started this thread before the game finished.Woolmer is a great coach.Hopefully he will be the man to replace Duncan Fletcher when he has had enough with England.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information