• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Bangladesh Domestic Cricket**

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
BCB have announced BD 'A' Team for two games on 26/27 January vs UAE

Rajin Saleh (c)
Shahriar Nafees
Golam Rahman
Aftab Ahmed - has been out injured
Tushar Imran
Farhad Reza
Alok Kapali
Saghir Hossain (wk)
Abdur Razzak - been in stunning DPL form
Mahmudallah Riyad - who is he?
Mashrafe Mortaza - been injured
Nadif Chowdhury
Mosharraf Hossain
Mahububul Haque
Shafaq Al Zabir

My side (your thoughts James?):

1 Shahriar Nafees
2 Golam Rahman
3 Rajin Saleh
4 Tushar Imran
5 Aftab Ahmed
6 Alok Kapali
7 Saghir Hossain
8 Nadif Chowdhury (another SLA/allrounder)
9 Mashrafe Mortaza
10 Mahububul Haque
11 Mosharraf Hossain

EDIT: Razzak for Nadif or one of the seamers, depends on wicket

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

Bit of news for today...

Aftab Ahmed is withdrawn by the BCB from BD A Team for the two games against the UAE, no replacement named.

BD U-19 in action tomorrow vs UAE in the first ever floodlit game at the Shaheen Chandu Stadium, Bogra. Second game is on Tuesday.

Jungle Jumbo

Sonorgaon beat DOHS by 6 wickets
DOHS 265-8 (50) Golam Rahman 44, Shahin Hossain 60, Steve Tikolo 69, Manjural Islam Rana 35; Tapash Baisya 4-58
Sonorgaon 269-4 (42.2) Al Sahariar 74, Sridharan Sriram 93, Mohammad Ashraful 53; Shanto 3-52

Crushing victory for Sonorgaon, who have recruited ex-India star Sriram to bolster the batting

Mohammedan beat Victoria by 5 wickets
Victoria 242-6 (50) Mustak 51, Faruque Ahmed 35, Jafar Kuraishi 64, Farhad Reza 33
Mohammedan 243-5 (48.2) Habibul Bashar 40, Khaled Mashud 66, Dhiman Ghosh 58 (38b)

Victoria on a slide - another loss. Dhiman Ghosh is probably behind Mashud and Rahim in the wicket-keeper stakes

Biman beat Brothers by 7 runs
Biman 253-8 (50) Nazmus Sadat 104, Jamaluddin Ahmed 40
Brothers 246-8 (50) Nafees Iqbal 54, Rashid Hanif 38, Marshall Ayub 75, Yasin Arafat 38; Mohammad Sharif 3-51

Young lad Marshall looks to be in nice touch - good to see some higher scores in the DPL

1st Tour Match
BCB Academy beat UAE by 6 wickets
UAE 166 all out (49.5) Fahad 55, Ali Asad 32; Mehrab Hossain jnr 3-32
BCB Academy 167-4 (30.5) Saqibul Hasan 87, Mushfiqur Rahim 29*

Come on Saqibul and Mushfiqur. I feel for the UAE boys though - the BD A team is much stronger

Jungle Jumbo

Second BD National Academy vs UAE match, Bogra

Bangladesh National Academy beat UAE by 95 runs
Bangladesh National Academy 260-9 (50) Shamsur Rehman 54 (82), Sirajullah Khadeem 57 (82), Mushfiqur Rahim 68 (46); Sameer Zia 3-43
UAE 165 all out (48.4) Farhad Usman 45*, Basheer Bongso 29, Asaf Ali 37; Sirajullah Khadeem 4-35

I don't know who he is, but Basheer Bongso sounds pretty interesting...

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully this is an indication of how the national team perform against Kenya. They make a habit of messing everything up when it matters though.

Jungle Jumbo

Today's Scores on the Doors...

Bangladesh A beat UAE by 114 runs, Khulna
Bangladesh A 267-6 (50) Rajin Saleh 45, Golam Rahman 69 (89), Tushar Imran 70 (54)
UAE 153 all out (42.1) Saqib Ali 32, Farhad 37; Mashrafe Mortaza 2-21, Mahububul Alam 2-44, Alok Kapali 2-33

Comprehensive victory, Shahriar Nafees the only real batting failure, he got 7

Relegation Play-Off: Two out of bottom three in DPL to be relegated, they all play each other, with points from the DPL carried forward.

Agrani Bank beat Orient by 8 wickets
Orient 173 all out (48) Sumon 56; Towhid Hossain 4-26
Agrani Bank 179-2 (37.3) Jamal Faisal 54, Nazmus Sadat 61*, Kalim 45

Jungle Jumbo

Bangladesh A beat UAE by 5 wickets
UAE 160 all out (49) Arshad Ali 47, Ali Asad 41
Bangladesh A 163-5 (36.3) Rajin Saleh 42, Shahriar Nafees 35, Alok Kapali 28*, Farhad Reza 35*; Ali Asad 3 for 35

Tour has been a nightmare for UAE, just shows the gulf between the weakest Test nation's academy and 'A' team and an average associate nation.

Jungle Jumbo

BCB Reveal Squad

Bangladesh have recalled all-rounder Alok Kapali in a 20-man training squad ahead of the upcoming home Test series against Sri Lanka. The only other notable absentees are Anwar Hossain Monir and batsman Ehsanul Haque, who has been amongst the runs in the domestic leagues.

Abdur Razzak, a left-arm spinner, and veteran all-rounder Khaled Mahmud have been retained following strong performances in the Dhaka Premier League. Aftab Ahmed and Shahadat Hossain have been included, despite both currently undergoing treatment for injuries.

The squad will meet on February 5, ahead of the arrival of the Sri Lankans on February 17. The tourists will play three ODIs and two Tests on the first voyage across the Bay of Bengal to Bangladesh.

Squad

Habibul Bashar (c)
Khaled Mashud (w)
Shahriar Nafees
Javed Omar Belim
Nafees Iqbal
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Mohammad Rafique
Manjural Islam Rana
Alok Kapali
Enamul Haque jnr
Khaled Mahmud
Abdur Razzak
Mashrafe Mortaza
Tapash Baisya
Nazmul Hossain
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

cricman

International 12th Man
The acedemy was the U-19 squad. Watch out for Tamim Iqbal(Bangladesh Butcher), I think BD U-19 will have a good chance to win WC.

BCB are run by ___________ fill in the blank, They brink back kapali atfer he hits 28* vs weak UAE. This has to be last chance for Tushar Imran. In Practice matches he's great showed good form vs English Counties and Domestic cricket. When he gets to the international level he chokes tries to do to much.

Shahadat Hossain is hurt so he'll probably play in the Tests, not the odi's I hope doesent play in the ODI's. I'd love to see a Bangladeshi version of Sewhag and Dravid opening with Ashraful and Shahriar Nafees.

BTW: nice to see a BD thread, only reason i joined cricketweb was to play the cricket game. Keep up the good work

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The Acadamy wasn't like the u19's at all. And I hope you don't mean Mark Butcher.
The BCB aren't perfect but they sure are better than some other boards around the world. For once they've actually got some consistency and are working on building a balanced team.

Alok Kapali had a good domestic series aswell, it wasn't just the 28* that got him included. I still believe Alok can be a huge asset at international level and most people who have seen him play would agree with that.

I wouldn't play Shahadat in the ODI's even if he was fully fit. Far too erratic and likely to go for runs. Would much prefer to see Mashrafe and Rasel opening the bowling with Tapash or Mahmud a third option. I also like having Ashraful at 5, it gives the team some depth. Javed still warrants selection at the top of the order and hopefully one day we'll have a successful opening pair in Shahriah Nafees and Nafis Iqbal.

Wow...I just disagreed with everything you said...welcome to CricketWeb :laugh:

Jungle Jumbo

James90 said:
The Acadamy wasn't like the u19's at all
Actually I think Cricman is right here - it was basically the U19 side playing under the BCB Academy name against UAE.

I would also agree with everything you said James:

Alok is one of the most talented BD players - must be in side
Shahadat = too erratic, Mashrafe/Syed/Tapash a safer option, let the spinners do the damage

I'd have Javed, Shahriar Nafees, Tushar, Habibul, Ashraful as my top 5 in ODIs (maybe Nafees for Tushar)

So... welcome to CW cricman, I tend to update the thread whenever I get any news from a variety of unreliable sources from around t'net.

Last edited:

cricman

International 12th Man
At least Khaled Mahmud hopefully will retire after one of the ODI's vs Lanka, Aftab Ahmed will play in the premier league tommorow. A win by DOHS will give them the crown

If you wanna compare Averages :

Tikolo 764 runs @ 63.33
Ashraful 389 @ 43.22

Tikolo might hammer BD in March, but i still think BD will win 3-0

Jungle Jumbo

DOHS beat Mohammedan by 121 runs
DOHS 319-7 (50) Nazimuddin 55, Farhad Reza 94, Tikolo 43; Monirul Islam 3-56
Mohammedan 198 all out (41.1) Hannan Sarkar 34, Khaled Mashud 41

DOHS require one more win with two to play to win DPL. More runs for Farhad, Tikolo

Sonargaon beat Brothers by 3 wickets
Brothers 249 all out (49.4) Salahuddin 64, Rashid Hanif 89
Sonargaon 253-7 (49.5) Al Sahariar 63, Manvinder Singh 35, Mohammad Ashraful 43; Yasin Arafat 3-53

A real thriller..., Ashraful continues good form.

Victoria beat Biman by 1 wicket
Biman 257-9 (50) Nazmus Sadat 106, Mushfiqur Rahman 38; Jafar Qareshi 4-41
Victoria 260-9 (50) Mahbub Alam 42, Nasiruddin Faruque 44, Farhad Hossain 74; Mosharraf Hossain 4-40

... and even more thrilling. Nazmus makes second consecutive DPL ton.

Indira beat Agrani by 6 runs
Indira 197 all out (49.3) Nazmul Hossain 80
Agrani 191-9 (50) Anisul Hakim 70*, Imtiaz Hossain 35

Agrani (along with Orient) are relegated from DPL and will play Div I cricket next year

In other news...

Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra, gets go-ahead from ICC to host Tests, along with Chittagong
Khulna Divisional Stadium can now host ODIs.

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jungle Jumbo said:
In other news...

Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra, gets go-ahead from ICC to host Tests, along with Chittagong
Khulna Divisional Stadium can now host ODIs.

I hate to see the international matches moving out of Dhaka and Chittagong.There was a time when all the matches used to be played in Dhaka and I loved that time!

Jungle Jumbo

DOHS beat Biman by 5 runs
DOHS 230-8 (50) Golam Rahman 40, Tikolo 55, Akram Khan 69; Mosharraf Hossain 3-42
Biman 225 all out (46.2) Javed Omar 109, Sanwar Hossain 41; Abdur Razzak 3-34

DOHS reclaim title with a good team performance, Razzak shows more good form, timely knock from Javed

Sonorgaon beat Mohammedan by 43 runs
Sonorgaon 282-6 (50) Al Sahariar 59, Sriram 53, Mohammad Salim 70*, Anisur Rahman 48
Mohammedan 239 all out (42.5) Habibul Bashar 58, Nadif Chowdhury 40, Dhiman Ghosh 33, Aftab Ahmed 26; Mohammad Ashraful 3-31, Mahububul Alam 3-48

Sonorgaon take second place after an excellent comeback. Big runs from their big players, a comeback for Aftab and wickets for Ashraful.

Brothers beat Victoria by 1 wicket
Victoria 195 all out (49.1) Jafar Qareshi 39, Nasir 31, Mahbub 53*; Arafat Sunny 5-41
Brothers 197-7 (44.1) Salahuddin 49, Rubaiyat 30*; Wascoroni Palash 3-41

Exciting finale between two sides who have disappointed in super six.

Jungle Jumbo

OHS beat Victoria by 101 runs
DOHS 268-8 (50) Golam Rahman 46, Manjural Islam Rana 55, Akram Khan 75, Mahmudallah Riyad 55; Jafar Kureshi
Victoria 167 all out (37.4) Mahbub 38, Nasiruddin 54; Abdur Razzak 3-20, Manjural Islam Rana 3-13

Rampant champions DOHS thrash broken Victoria, Biman/Sonargaon and Mohammedan/Brothers complete DPL schedule tomorrow.