Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Bangladesh Domestic Cricket**

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar

Rajshahi, Sylhet and Dhaka All Win

NCL (OD) Round 2 Scores

Team (Won-Lost)

Sylhet (1-1) beat Chittagong (1-1) by 48 runs
    Sylhet 249 for 6 (50) Rajin Saleh 100*, Moniruzzaman 70
    Chittagong 201 for 9 (50) Rezaul Karim 85, Shabbir Khan 38; Nazmul Hossain 3 for 35

Rajin Saleh/Moniruzzaman 172 for 2nd wicket before Chittagong fell away to 38 for 4 as Aftab Ahmed and Nafees Iqbal failed to make a contribution.

Dhaka (2-0) beat Barisal (0-2) by 6 wickets
    Barisal 152 all out (39.2) Imran Ahmed 29, Hannan Sarkar 19; Khaled Mahmud 4/42, Mohammad Rafique 3/5
    Dhaka 155 for 4 (30.4) Javed Omar 53*, Mohammad Rafique 53*

Javed and Rafique steadied the Dhaka ship after they had slipped to 81 for 4, as Mohammad Ashraful made a duck. Rafique made 53* off just 34 balls, and earlier took 3 cheap wickets. Shahriar Nafees, the Barisal captain, made just 6.

Rajshahi (2-0) beat Khulna (0-2) by 20 runs
    Rajshahi 129 all out (34) Abdur Razzak 3 for 13
    Khulna 109 all out (32.2) Shafaq Al Zabir 3 for 22

In a remarkably low scoring game reduced to 35 overs-a-side after fog , Rajshahi pulled off an improbable victory, leaving them top of the table with Dhaka, while Khulna remain winless along with Barisal.

Table (Minus Bonus Points)

No and Team (Played-Won-Lost)
    1= Dhaka (2-2-0)
    1= Rajshahi (2-2-0)
    3= Chittagong (2-1-1)
    3= Sylhet (2-1-1)
    5= Barisal (2-0-2)
    5= Khulna (2-0-2)

Do people enjot this thread? Is it worth continuing? Does the format need changing? Please give me some feedback!

Another idea, as most CW members don't follow Bangladesh cricket or havn't until reading this thread, maybe anyone interested could choose a team to support or follow? Your thoughts?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo
    Do people enjot this thread? Is it worth continuing? Does the format need changing? Please give me some feedback!
    I read it, anyway - wouldn't mind some stats as the season wears on, but apart from that it's fun to read. Not too sure who to support yet, mind...
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Javed Omar Completes Century

NCL (FC) Round 2, Day 1 of 4

Barisal trail Dhaka by 296 runs with 9 first innings wickets remaining
    Dhaka 331 all out (80.3) Javed Omar 106, Rashidul Haque 59, Al Sahariar 53, Shahadat Hossain 37; Hannan Sarkar 5 for 58, Sajid Islam 3 for 68
    Barisal 35 for 1 (7)

In form batsmen Javed Omar and Rashidul Haque put on 120 for the first wicket as Dhaka moved into a very dominant position on a ground where batsmen struggled yesterday in the OD league. Interesting to see Hannan Sarkar, the Test opener in the wickets again and I hope Shahriar Nafees gets some runs under his belt tomorrow.

Khulna lead Rajshahi by 14 runs with 6 first innings wickets remaining
    Rajshahi 130 all out (54.5) Farhad Reza 32, Jahurul Islam 31; Syed Rasel 4 for 17, Ziaur Rahman 3 for 26, Abdur Razzak 3 for 27
    Khulna 144 for 4 (34.1) Habibul Bashar 82*

Rajshahi's weak batting lineup was flattened by the aggressive Khulna seam attack, before Bashar (88 balls) made his 3rd fifty in as many innings as the home side made a rampant start.

Chittagong lead Sylhet by 270 runs with 2 first innings wickets remaining
    Chittagong 270 for 8 (90) Nazimuddin 34, Ehsanul Haque 75, Wasseluddin Ahmed 71; Hasibul Hossain 3 for 56

Chittagong appear to be in a good position after national reject Ehsanul fired with the bat once more, recovering his team from 72 for 4 as both Nafees Iqbal and Aftab Ahmed failed.

Stats from Cricinfo (as of 27/11):

FC Averages Main Page
    OD Averages Main Page
    FC - Most Runs
    FC - Most Wickets
    OD - Most Runs
    OD - Most Wickets

Anyone else read this thread and have an opinion? Are there any Bangladeshis who have been to a game/are planning on doing so?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer parisa's Avatar
    You are doing a good job with this...it's fun to take a look at all this!I don't get to see these stuff even in the newspapers mainly because too many people over here aren't all that interested in FC cricket...the people and the media get all hyped up only when there's an international team around.I don't blame the people because the BCB isn't doing enough to get the people interested into all this which is a little sad because it is such an important part of the development of BD cricket.

Javed Omar Makes Century in Each Innings

NCL (FC) Scores, Round 2, Day 2 of 4

Dhaka lead Barisal by 388 runs with 6 second innings wickets remaining
    Dhaka 331 all out
    Barisal 131 all out (42.2) Humayun Kabir 43; Mohammad Rafique 4 for 6
    Dhaka 188 for 4 (53) Javed Omar 104* (141)

Dhaka moved into an almost inpregnable position on day two in the Bangladeshi capital as the Barisal batting crumbled once more. Shahriar Nafees, the national opener, contributed 18 as his poor run of form continued. Javed Omar then converted his second century of the game as Dhaka stretched their lead.

Khulna require 18 runs to beat Rajshahi with 10 second innings wickets remaining
    Rajshahi 130 all out
    Khulna 252 all out (70.5) Habibul Bashar 85, Jamaluddin Ahmed 46*, Manjural Islam Rana 35; Mohammad Shahzada 5 for 81, Saifullah Khan 4 for 44
    Rajshahi 140 all out (46.4) Naeem Islam 39; Jamaluddin Ahmed 5 for 45

Off spinning all rounder Jamaluddin Ahmed produced a first rate performance to all but seal a Khulna win, as Rajshahi fell to pieces for the second time in the match. It's a little worrying to see so many poor scores, although the Khulna bowling attack of Syed Rasel/Ziaur Rahman/M Islam Rana/Jamaluddin Ahmed appears to be showing real potential - glad to see my tip for the season paying off!

Sylhet trail Chittagong by 6 runs with 2 first innings wickets remaining
    Chittagong 273 all out (92.2) Ehsanul Haque 75, Waseluddin Ahmed 71, Nazimuddin 34; Hasibul Hossain 3 for 56, Ashiqur Rahman 3 for 20
    Sylhet 267 for 8 (85) Alok Kapali 126*, Golam Mabud 49; Tareq Aziz 5 for 81, Yasin Arafat 3 for 68

Alok Kapali struck a huge not out hundred to even up the match, which is now shaping up interestingly, with international Tareq Aziz taking a five-for. Earlier Chittagong added just 3 runs to their overnight total.

@ Parisa: Glad to know I'm providing some interest to Bangladeshis! Have you ever been to see a FC match there, or are you planning to do so?

Khulna Seal Victory But Barisal Fight Back

NCL (FC) Scores, Round 2, Day 3 of 4

Khulna beat Rajshahi by 10 wickets

The Khulna opening pair knocked of the 18 required runs with ease in just 5 overs.

Barisal require 280 runs to beat Dhaka with 7 second innings wickets remaining
    Dhaka 331 all out
    Barisal 131 all out
    Dhaka 295 for 8 dec (73) Javed Omar 151, Sanwar Hossain 34; Anisur Rahman 3 for 56
    Barisal 215 for 3 (68) Imran Ahmed 77, Shahriar Nafees 76, Hannan Sarkar 32*

Captain Shahriar Nafees lead the Barisal fightback on day three but Dhaka remain firm favourites to take the match. After Javed Omar provided the impetus to set up the declaration, Nafees and Imran Ahmed added 148 for the first wicket. Mohammad Rafique took two Barisal wickets but an intriguing last day looms.

Chittagong lead Sylhet by 182 runs with 6 second innings wickets remaining
    Chittagong 273
    Sylhet 322 all out (100.5) Alok Kapali 156, Golam Mabud 49; Tareq Aziz 5 for 108, Yasin Arafat 3 for 77
    Chittagong 231 for 4 (72) Nafees Iqbal 72, Ehsanul Haque 76, Waseluddin Ahmed 47*

An exciting day is in prospect in Chittagong as they opened up a sizeable lead on day three. Alok Kapali converted a 150, before Test batsman Nafees and the in form Ehsanul and Waseluddin lead the charge. Nafees will be left with a crucial decision over his declaration tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the comments

Predictions for tomorrow:

Barisal 290 all out to lose by 205 runs
    Chittagong 302 for 7 declared, Sylhet 109 for 8, draw

Barisal Lose Despite Heroic Struggle

NCL (FC) Scores, Round 2, Round 4 of 4

Dhaka beat Barisal by 95 runs
    Dhaka 331 all out
    Barisal 131 all out
    Dhaka 295 for 8 dec
    Barisal 400 all out (127.5) Imran Ahmed 77, Shahriar Nafees 76, Hannan Sarkar 73, Humayun Kabir 66; Mohammad Ashraful 5 for 137, Mohammad Rafique 4 for 102

Barisal fell just 95 runs short of a mammoth target despite four fifties from the top order, but no-one could go on to secure three figures and a win over Dhaka. Mohammad Rafique and Mohammad Ashraful, the Dhaka international spinners, remained a constant threat to give Dhaka their second win in two games.

Sylhet beat Chittagong by 4 wickets
    Chittagong 273 all out
    Sylhet 322 all out
    Chittagong 284 for 9 dec (?) Ehsanul Haque 76, Nafees Iqbal 72, Waseluddin Ahmed 47; Hasibul Hossain 5 for 48
    Sylhet 236 for 6 (65.4) Golam Rahman 87*, Rajin Saleh 31

Sylhet held their nerve in a thriller to gain victory against Chittagong at the Aziz Stadium. After a competitive declaration from Nafees Iqbal, talented opener Golam Rahman paced his innings superbly, providing a 204 ball backdrop to innings from Saleh, Alok Kapali (31), Imtiaz Ahmed (23) and Hasibul Hossain (21*), who also finished up with a five-wicket haul.

The U19 Tri Nation Tournament, between Bangladesh, England and Sri Lanka, began yesterday, with a win for Bangladesh over England.

England U19 208 all out (49.5) M Ali 70, R Hamilton Brown 24, B Wright 26
    Bangladesh U19 210 for 6 (43.5) Saquib Al Hassan 83 (62b 13x4, 2x6), Mehrab Hossain jnr 62, M Ali 3 wickets

Saquib Al Hassan (all rounder, LHB, SLA) looks a real future star, after consistantly impressing for the U19s and he was also one of The Wisden Cricketer's best 21 players aged under 21 earlier this year. IMO he will make up a very talented Bangladesh batting lineup come 2010-2012.

1 Golam Rahman
    2 Nafees Iqbal
    3 Saquib Al Hassan
    4 Mohammad Ashraful (c)
    5 Aftab Ahmed
    6 Mushfiqur Rahim (w)

Any thoughts on this? I reckon this looks as good as most other international teams will have in 2012. IMO it's certainly more talented than West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe (although I can't see them playing test cricket in 2012!).

You're assuming they are all going to be mentally tough enough to succeed at test level, but there's no harm in that. I think Shariar Nafees is a better bet at the top of the order that Nafees Iqbal, because he seems to have that mental toughness more than the others.

Also, this Bangladesh U19 side is a lot more competitive at their level than the "adults" are, beating the Aussies earlier in the year (although Zimbabwe did that once thanks to Tinashe Panyangara) and now England as well. Have they beaten anyone else? That guy Moeen Ali who got the 70 for England is apparently sublimely gifted, Warwickshire have got him but at least Essex have got his captain Varun Chopra.
    Last edited by Chubb; 30-11-2005 at 12:22 PM.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

PY

Another idea, as most CW members don't follow Bangladesh cricket or havn't until reading this thread, maybe anyone interested could choose a team to support or follow? Your thoughts?
    I'm enjoying the read so please do continue.

I haven't picked a team to follow, I'll probably just wait until someone's a clear favourite and pick them.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Quote Originally Posted by Chubb
    That guy Moeen Ali who got the 70 for England is apparently sublimely gifted
    He's a relative (cousin, I think) of Kadeer and Kabir - who also shone for the U-19 team, AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    He's a relative (cousin, I think) of Kadeer and Kabir - who also shone for the U-19 team, AFAIK.
    Yes, that is right. But I'm not saying he has the mental ability, I've just heard he is incredibly talented, more than those two. There is a difference between saying someone is sublimely gifted and saying they are bound to have a successful career at international level (Hick, Ramprakash) or even county (Ian Flanagan- You might not know who he is, which is the point really.) *edit* Actually, Flanagan is a dreadful example, I don't know why I said that. Think more Stephen Peters or many others.
    Last edited by Chubb; 30-11-2005 at 01:06 PM.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer parisa's Avatar
    Any thoughts on this? I reckon this looks as good as most other international teams will have in 2012. IMO it's certainly more talented than West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe (although I can't see them playing test cricket in 2012!).

Yeah the talent is certainly there...but they lack application especially when it really matters.It is pretty much the story of almost every cricketer in BD that's what Dave Whatmore keeps on stressing all the time.I guess it's also a confidence thing...when they are up against big test playing countries they probably start doubting themselves.So that area needs a lot of work. No I don't have any plans for going to watch a FC match! I only go to watch the international matches whenever an international team is around...but I went to watch a couple of matches of the U-19 WC because it created quite stir over here.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PY
    I'm enjoying the read so please do continue.

I haven't picked a team to follow, I'll probably just wait until someone's a clear favourite and pick them.
    This not enough to make your mind up?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    This not enough to make your mind up?
    I like the new modern look to the Dhaka merchandise this year, it kind of reflects the changing Asian culture

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information