• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Bangladesh Domestic Cricket**

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Is Uttam allowed in your sig Steds?
I think I might let him in. Quite the talent, is young Uttam (I'm assuming he's young. Can't find his DoB anywhere, nor any info, for that matter.)

EDIT: How's that? Even managed to include your most excellent thread.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Day 3

Barisal, with ten second innings wickets remaining, require 123 to beat Sylhet
Sylhet 194 all out (55.1) Golam Mabud 65, Tapash Baisya 41, Enamul Haque jr 32; Arafat Salahuddin 4-47
Barisal 394 all out (109) Hannan Sarkar 59, Imran Ahmed 47, Mashall Ayub 107 (97b, 14x4, 2x6). Arafat Salahuddin 66; Hasibul Hossain 3-86, Tapash Baisya 3-101
Sylhet 322 all out (12) Imtiaz Hossain 62, Golam Rahman 88, Golam Mawla 51, Golam Mabud 35; Marshall Ayub 6-90

Sylhey crash for 260-3, as Marshall Ayub runs through the middle-order. Barisal should take this easily, but Hasibul is in superb form and Enamul is on the prowl.

Chittagong, with nine second innings wickets remaining, lead Rajshahi by 285 runs
Chittagong 341 all out (112.2) Nazimuddin 104, Faisal Hossain 66, Dhiman Ghosh 41, Elias Sunny 51; Mushfiqur Rahman 3-94, Farhad Hossain 4-50
Rajshahi 240 all out (65) Farhad Reza 57, Naeem Islam 96; Ehsanul Haque 3-20, Elias Sunny 3-44, Yasin Arafat 3-87
Chittagong 184-1 (60) Tamim Iqbal 49, Nafees Iqbal 81*, Nazimuddin 43*

Brothers Tamim and Nafees blunt the Barisal attack, and put Chittagong well in command. Possibilty of Chittagong having a brief 10/15 over thrash in the morning before getting to work with the ball.

Dhaka, with seven second innings wickets in hand, lead Khulna by 200 runs
Dhaka 464 all out (132.2) Uttam Sarkar 71, Kamrul Islam 159 (216b, 26x4, 1x6), Mahmudallah 37, Mohammad Sharif 75; Ziaur Rahman 5-82, Sadik Khan 3-99
Khulna 378 all out (89.2) Tushar Imran 198 (240b, 27x4, 2x6), Saghir Hossain 50; Mohammad Sharif 4-76
Dhaka 114-3 (41) Uttam Sarkar 60

Magnificent Tushar hammers highest NCL score of the year, with a little support from the tailend. Again Dhaka must act aggessive in the morning before trying to dethrone Tushar.

UTTAM WATCH
Our man Uttam made an aggressive 60 from 80 balls, with 8 fours.

I'm not in tomorrow, will update Tuesday evening. If anyone is desperate use either cricketbd.com or cricketarchive.co.uk (archive>seasons>2005/06>Bangladesh>IM NCL> scroll to bottom, last three links. All updated about 18:00 GMT.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Impressed by Tushar. Can remember he struck 93 vs. Lancs at Aigburth. Still only 22, too. Promising.
What do you make of his chances of securing his test spot, Jumbo?

Jungle Jumbo

steds said:
Impressed by Tushar. Can remember he struck 93 vs. Lancs at Aigburth. Still only 22, too. Promising.
What do you make of his chances of securing his test spot, Jumbo?
He's just been appointed captain of the 'A' team for the Sri Lanka 'A' series, so he's probably the next man on the list behind the current squad playing Kenya. Could well play in the West Indies.

As far Test cricket, I'm not sure. Nafees Iqbal is likely to be replaced by Shahriar Nafees up at the top, opening up a place in the middle order, which could be filled by Aftab Ahmed. That would leave Tushar as the reserve batsman.

The big thing is with these Bangladeshis is that they're all so young. Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Tushar, Alok Kapali, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nafees Iqbal (even Al Sahariar) have all got 10-15 years of cricket at the top level yet. It's the same with the bowling - bar Rafique all are under 25.

Once Bashar, Rafique and Mashud move on, and assuming no older players replace them, Bangladesh could theoretically have the same XI for the next 10 years.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Tushar, Alok Kapali, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nafees Iqbal (even Al Sahariar) have all got 10-15 years of cricket at the top level yet.
That's assuming they improve as much as the general standard of Bangladeshi cricket.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Well, Jumbo leaves some huge shoes, but I'll try to fill them

Day 4

Barisal Division beat Sylhet Division by 7 wickets
Sylhet 194 all out (55.1) Golam Mabud 65, Tapash Baisya 41, Enamul Haque jr 32; Arafat Salahuddin 4-47
Barisal 394 all out (109) Hannan Sarkar 59, Imran Ahmed 47, Mashall Ayub 107 (97b, 14x4, 2x6). Arafat Salahuddin 66; Hasibul Hossain 3-86, Tapash Baisya 3-101
Sylhet 322 all out (104.2) Imtiaz Hossain 62, Golam Rahman 88, Golam Mawla 51, Golam Mabud 35; Marshall Ayub 6-90
Barisal 164-3 (32.5) Hannan Sarkar 68, Humayun Kabir 32*, Enamul Haque 2-58

Barisal weren't in the mood to mess about, reaching the target at well over 5 runs an over. Hannan Sarkar's 68 came off 88 balls and after Hasibul finally trapped him lbw, Nadif Chowdhury picked up where Hannan left off, striking a six and three fours to finish it with an unbeaten 19 off just 7 balls! Not good reading for the bowlers Enamul's 2-58 came in 10 overs.

Chittagong Divison drew with Rajshahi Division

Chittagong 341 all out (112.2) Nazimuddin 104, Faisal Hossain 66, Dhiman Ghosh 41, Elias Sunny 51; Mushfiqur Rahman 3-94, Farhad Hossain 4-50
Rajshahi 240 all out (65) Farhad Reza 57, Naeem Islam 96; Ehsanul Haque 3-20, Elias Sunny 3-44, Yasin Arafat 3-87
Chittagong 360 all out (123.3) Tamim Iqbal 49, Nafees Iqbal 88, Nazimuddin 54, Dhiman Ghosh 42, Suhrawadi Shuvo 4-80
Rajshahi 113-2 (24) Rafiqul Islam 39, Yasin Arafat 2-31

Some dodgy captaincy here, if you ask me. Chittagong batted 63.3 more overs on the last day to remove any chance of a result, setting Rajshahi 461 and giving themselves only 24 overs to try and bowl themselves to victory. :huh: Bet that last hour and a half was a bore, even if Rajshahi were 39-1 after 28 balls.

Dhaka Division drew with Khulna Division
Dhaka 464 all out (132.2) Uttam Sarkar 71, Kamrul Islam 159 (216b, 26x4, 1x6), Mahmudallah 37, Mohammad Sharif 75; Ziaur Rahman 5-82, Sadik Khan 3-99
Khulna 378 all out (89.2) Tushar Imran 198 (240b, 27x4, 2x6), Saghir Hossain 50; Mohammad Sharif 4-76
Dhaka 230-8 dec. (82.3) Uttam Sarkar 60, Mehrab Hossain jun 50*, Sajjad Kadir 35
Khulna 184-5 (40) Nazmus Sadat 66, Talha Jubair 3-37

Another draw. Khulna made Dhaka battle for their runs, Mehrab's unbeaten 50 taking 144 balls. Interesting to note that Tushar Imran didn't bat, having made 198 in the first innings.

UTTAM WATCH
Our lad did bugger all today. Well deserved rest (and 40 overs of chasing Sharif's and Sunny's bowling to the boundary) after 2 fifties.

There. I did it. Not quite JJ, but I think I did decently.

EDIT: I say decently, I mean not as bad as I could have been.

EDIT: Ahh, **** it. I was ***** wasn't I?

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
Some dodgy captaincy here, if you ask me. Chittagong batted 63.3 more overs on the last day to remove any chance of a result, setting Rajshahi 461 and giving themselves only 24 overs to try and bowl themselves to victory. :huh: Bet that last hour and a half was a bore, even if Rajshahi were 39-1 after 28 balls.
I think the table might explain that:

Chittagong 36 (4 points today)
Rajshahi 34 (2 points today)

So with the draw, Chittagong essentially left it to themselves to beat Barisal at Savar next week to clinch the title. Which looks to be tricky given Marshall's rampant form, but the Chittagong captain probably thought it a better option than risking a six-point deficit before the final round.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Wow Jungle Jumbo I'm really impressed!

At first I thought some Bengali guy opened this thread and was suprprised to see that wasnt the case.

I don't know anyone else who keeps track of BD domestic league least of all a non BD.

We have been keeping our eyes on the U19s though and they have some promising players coming in.

Jungle Jumbo

Cheers Steds, probably better than I normally do, I'll try your formatting in future as it's much easier to read.

Glad to see you enjoying the thread Fishguy. There are a couple other Bangladeshis knocking around on the forum, somewhere.

Chris, I'll try and explain the system here:

The National League, and the National One-Day League are the top-level competitions, with nothing strictly below them (other than age-group cricket).

There is however the Dhaka Premier League, contested between clubs with all the national players playing, and that has a second division with promotion/relegation.

Jungle Jumbo

Sri Lanka 'A' squad just announced (or just discovered by me):

\ Jehan Mubarak (c)
\ Malintha Gajanayake (vc)
\ Shantha Kalavitagoda
\ Ian Daniel
\ Mahela Udawatte
\ Jeewan Mendis
\ Chamara Silva
+ Kaushal Silva
\o Gayan Wijekoon