• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
i agree. i think the series is a poor attempt to try to create some interest in a bledisloe style clash that just won't happen.
australian arrogance at its very best !!!!! Perhaps Australia should only play the rest of the world in ODI's from now on aye??

And by the way at the same time the All Blacks should not bother playing the Aussies in the bledisloe cup anymore because they are too good for them....do you agree with that as well???? :@

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It almost feels like this series just happened. I mean NZ came down here a test series series and 3 ODIs. Then Australia went there for 5 ODIs and a test series. That was all pretty close together. Now they're going there again. A bit weird.

Either way I hope Bond gets back to his best.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
zinzan12 said:
australian arrogance at its very best !!!!! Perhaps Australia should only play the rest of the world in ODI's from now on aye??

And by the way at the same time the All Blacks should not bother playing the Aussies in the bledisloe cup anymore because they are too good for them....do you agree with that as well???? :@
I don't think this is Australia arrogance at all - it's just too that there are too many ODIs, and many people are getting tired of them. NZ and Aus seem to play all the time now...I'm certainly not interested in this series, especially when there is good Test cricket on.

Natman20

International Debutant
NZ came close to winning that ODI series in Australia last year but then got thrashed when Australia came to NZ this year so i'm guessing that Australia will thrash us going on recent form. Are Australia in threat of getting overtaken by SAF in ODI rankings? South Africa are on a huge winning streak

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
Who do you think should open with Gilly for the ODI's in NZ & beyond to the World Cup, Kaques or Katich. For me if Jaques keeps up his great ODI form in the ING cup between now & when the sqaud is being picked for NZ i'd pick him, since i believe he make a better option at the top that Katich.

What do you ppl think?
Katich at the moment, he is still performing well enough in the One Day game, however it shouldn't be long before Jaques is introduced.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Katich at the moment, he is still performing well enough in the One Day game, however it shouldn't be long before Jaques is introduced.
fair enough, but do you reckon Jaques would be a good long term replacement lets say Katich does fail at the top in ODI's?

Natman20

International Debutant
I found it interesting to find that Kyle Mills actually averages 35.76 in first class cricket yet he bats for us coming out like second to last, his average would probably compete with New Zealand top order batsman in first class cricket. Andre Adams averages 23.08 in first class yet lately he has often come out last. Everytime I hear overseas commentators talking about Kyle Mill's batting they seem to think that it looks pretty confident and good. I have heard this on the radio for the South Africa tour and in the tour of Australia last year. He ussually bats middle order in first class cricket so it would be interesting to see him in that role internationally although our middle order seems reasonable at the moment.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
would still win easy :p
I would not be that ****y Mate, Black Caps IMO have a great opportunity to nail one over you guys particularly with Shane Bond back . I wouldn't take too much from the recent series against SA , because most of those were close and at home Black Caps can nail it IMO.

Natman20

International Debutant
JASON said:
I would not be that ****y Mate, Black Caps IMO have a great opportunity to nail one over you guys particularly with Shane Bond back . I wouldn't take too much from the recent series against SA , because most of those were close and at home Black Caps can nail it IMO.
Yes we have some key players back in the squad who were injured in the series against Australia this year and the matches should be closer

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Natman20 said:
I found it interesting to find that Kyle Mills actually averages 35.76 in first class cricket yet he bats for us coming out like second to last, his average would probably compete with New Zealand top order batsman in first class cricket. Andre Adams averages 23.08 in first class yet lately he has often come out last. Everytime I hear overseas commentators talking about Kyle Mill's batting they seem to think that it looks pretty confident and good. I have heard this on the radio for the South Africa tour and in the tour of Australia last year. He ussually bats middle order in first class cricket so it would be interesting to see him in that role internationally although our middle order seems reasonable at the moment.
In International Cricket Captain 2005 Kyle Mills is an allrounder. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Natman20 said:
Yes we have some key players back in the squad who were injured in the series against Australia this year and the matches should be closer
Assuming you do better than you did in SA.

Natman20

International Debutant
I have no doubt in my mind that New Zealand will play better in their own conditions at home, the South Africa series was made up of fairly close games a couple of which New Zealand choked IMO. South Africa was having a great run so I am not sure what will happen in this series and of course Australia got beaten by Bangladesh once and beaten by England a couple times in ODIs recently so it could be an interesting series.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
fair enough, but do you reckon Jaques would be a good long term replacement lets say Katich does fail at the top in ODI's?
Definitely. Although Katich is a pretty good one day opener. However, Jaques is scorching at the moment, and has been pretty consistent for a couple of seasons now, I wouldn't get him in there just yet. I'd like to see him continue to play in domestic cricket, perhaps if he performs well he could go to South Africa.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Assuming you do better than you did in SA.
Every match but the last was extremely close and could have gone either way (if we hadn't choked that is), hopefully we'll learn from that and give Australia a good series.

Having said that, I'm going to the first game, so 1-0 to Australia. :unsure:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
4-0 looks bad..but the fact was, NZ could easily have won that series had a bit of luck gone their way. Sometimes that happens in cricket, they're just going to have to make sure they forget about it quickly and move on.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Cairns is back...

BLACKCAPS squad for Chappell-Hadlee Series announced
BLACKCAPS coach John Bracewell today announced the BLACKCAPS squad for the three match ODI series against Australia for the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy.

The squad is.-

Stephen Fleming (captain)
Daniel Vettori (vice captain)
Nathan Astle
Shane Bond
Chris Cairns
James Franklin
Hamish Marshall
James Marshall
Brendon McCullum
Craig McMillan
Kyle Mills
Jacob Oram
Scott Styris
Lou Vincent

“Chris Cairns has been selected for the BLACKCAPS following his return to fitness and form,” Bracewell said.

“We sent Chris away to work on his cricket fitness and he has shown a great deal of discipline in his training and matches and we believe he is ready for a return to international cricket.

“He understands that it is a big step up to play Australia after taking part in pre-season domestic matches, but I am happy that if he continues the work ethic he has shown he will be up to the task.

“Jacob Oram has undergone fitness assessments as part of the Academy matches he has played in during the past week. He has bowled during these matches and we are happy that he seems free of back pain at present, and that he seems to be regaining form and confidence.

“Fourteen players have been named in the BLACKCAPS squad as Stephen Fleming may not be available for the first match, following a personal medical matter, but hopes to be available for the remainder of the series,” Bracewell said.

“Daniel Vettori will captain the BLACKCAPS should Stephen not be available and this would present him with an excellent opportunity to further his development in this area.

“Should Stephen be available then we will release a player from the squad back to their State domestic side,” he said.