• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian to bat for your life

Batting for your life

• Don Bradman

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Steve Waugh

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Alan Border

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Ian Chappell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geoff Marsh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ricky Ponting

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is interesting that some one voted for Ponting. Also yes, Langer may have been included and also Martyn for that matter.

I dont think any one can be declared a clear winner as every one values his life and it is each person's personal preference who he would want to bat for his life. ;)

Some players who can be included for India:

V.Hazare
V.Merchant
M.L.Jaisimha
P.Umrigar
S.Gavaskar
G.Vishwanath
M.Amarnath
M.Azharuddin
S.Manjrekar
S.Tendulkar
R.Dravid

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
It is interesting that some one voted for Ponting. Also yes, Langer may have been included and also Martyn for that matter.

I dont think any one can be declared a clear winner as every one values his life and it is each person's personal preference who he would want to bat for his life. ;)

Some players who can be included for India:

V.Hazare
V.Merchant
M.L.Jaisimha
P.Umrigar
S.Gavaskar
G.Vishwanath
M.Amarnath
M.Azharuddin
S.Manjrekar
S.Tendulkar
R.Dravid
Okay thanks for that :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
archie mac said:
Okay as Bradman has been axed because of super human batting :D Steve Waugh is declared the winner!

I will do England to bat for your life next, any suggestions on the players to be included?

I was dirty on myself for leaving out Langer from the Australian choices. The Englishmen I was thinking of were Hutton, Boycott, Barrington and Atherton, but need six and I am happy to leave any of these four out?

The players must have played Test cricket after WWll
Thorpey maybe? Probably the most nuggety English batter I've seen (when not in one of his sulks). Goochie possibly too? His final career average is no way a reflection of his worth to us.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Tai Tran. He plays for my club team and I swear he is the most boring batsman on the face of the universe. I opened with him the other week. I made 25 and was long gone when he eventually got out for 1 off 25 overs. His one run came off his gloves as well. what a star.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
Tai Tran. He plays for my club team and I swear he is the most boring batsman on the face of the universe. I opened with him the other week. I made 25 and was long gone when he eventually got out for 1 off 25 overs. His one run came off his gloves as well. what a star.
Thanks for the laugh - great stuff. By the way, the universe doesn't have a face.