• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia

shaka

International Regular
I watched the channel 9 news that was shown here. Kallis was all smiles when they talked to Freddie about the Ashes win. He thinks if they play to their abilities and give it their all, then they have a shot of competing and beating Australia. It has already been shown that they are beatable, now all that needs to be done is beat Australia in Australia. I am hoping that SA can pull it off, however I am not holding my breath.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
howardj said:
For the purposes of this thread, how do you give threads 'sticky' status?
Only moderators can do that, and I think that forum policy is to only do so when the Tour games start (feel free to correct me), although exception was made for the Ashes when there were threads clogging up the forum on that topic before the start.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vic_orthdox said:
Only moderators can do that, and I think that forum policy is to only do so when the Tour games start (feel free to correct me), although exception was made for the Ashes when there were threads clogging up the forum on that topic before the start.
Usually the threads are stickied when the international games start but I feel its better to sticky them when tour games start (already expressed by me a few months back).

On the series at hand - I hope South Africa can gain back some of the lost credibility in the series. It will be very difficult with the bowling at hand to win the series down under but some positives - experience for the youngsters, good individual performances in the process of building the team of the future will obviously be looked into.

I am not worried about the batsmen for the future too much but I will be looking forward to seeing what the bowlers manage to perform.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
should be a good series, it will be interesting to see how DeVilliers goes & how the SA 5-man attack of Pollock/NTtini/Nel/Kallis/Boje bowls to the aussies. But in all backing my boys to win.

howardj

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Usually the threads are stickied when the international games start but I feel its better to sticky them when tour games start (already expressed by me a few months back).

I know it's not your job to explain, but the "West Indies in Australia" thread was stickied a month ago though, and they're still not even in the country. Anyway, the series should be a cracker. Im looking forward to seeing DeVilliers. However, Jacques Kallis is the player Im looking forward to seeing most. Without a doubt, one of the best concentrators in International cricket - great technique too.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I want to see Nel doing his regular thing, its always entertaining.

I'm looking forward to this series, I hope SA are competitive and Kallis is with the runs. I also eagerly await seeing DeVilliers live.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As i have said in another thread i expect Australia to win comforbly and may well win all the tests

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
SA not bothering with too much of a warm-up, but i guess they've been playing regularly anyway. Interesting to see how fat grey goes, but can't see SA getting much out of the series

howardj

International Coach
It's an old style Aussie scheduling ambush. Make 'em land in Perth; give 'em one tour match; and then slate a Test Match (on the most unusual, unique wicket in the world) a few days later! Looking forward to seeing Jacques Kallis though - a magnificent player.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think you would find that there are pitches in South Africa, that are similar interms of bounce and assistance to seamers. Not as much bounce offcourse, but they are not that far behind.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I dunno, considering the fragile Aussie middle order and the lower bowling stocks, maybe we'll get a bit of a contest going in this series. Has the potential to be interesting.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
for me the biggest aspect of this series is to see how SA potentially good attack of Pollock/Ntini/Nel/Kallis/Boje go againts Australia's new look middle order. But i expect Australia to win comfortably in the end with the Warne/MacGill partnership doing well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
for me the biggest aspect of this series is to see how SA potentially good attack of Pollock/Ntini/Nel/Kallis/Boje go againts Australia's new look middle order. But i expect Australia to win comfortably in the end with the Warne/MacGill partnership doing well.
How is Kallis part of a potentially good attack? If he doesn't get hammered by Australia, Edwards, Powell and Lawson will feel hard-done.

Australia should take it comfortably because I don't think South Africa's bowlers will trouble the Aussies significantly enough. Ntini will have to bag about 20 wickets in the series for South Africa to even lose 2-1 IMO.