• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James90 said:
And Symonds sends one into the crowd to get off the pair.
Cricinfo interview said:
Supported by the children at the ground who have been besotted by his one-day performances, Symonds said he might try a more natural approach in the second innings. "As a sportsman you try to draw on anything to take positive feedback or advice," he said. "Hopefully there will be no nerves and I can step into my first half-volley and hit it down the ground for four. Maybe I've got to push things back on the bowler, but that will depend on the state of the game."
Go Symonds

andyc

Current Partnership: 19 runs, 2.2 overs, RR: 8.14

Looks like Ponting may have told them to get a move on.

andyc

Lol, 18 runs off that Smith over. Good to see Symonds doing what he should have been doing from the start.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Great batting this. Good on Symonds aswell, back against the wall and he comes out of it the only way he knows how.

andyc

Tricky situation here for Ponting. How long does he delay the declaration for? Symonds will be dying to make a century, but the last thing the Aussies need is delayed declaration that makes South Africa bat for the draw.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they've gotta tell Symonds to get there quick or die trying. He's not just gonna nudge it around anyway. This pitch isn't as flat as Perth either, the bowlers and in form and although what happened in Perth they should bowl a side out in 120 overs or so.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
what a partnership for Matt & Symo was expecting that, then right away Gilchrist goes, geeez i'm really worried about his form now.

Anywayz Ponting should declare now has enough runs.

Gideon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Awesome partnership by Symonds and Haydo.

366 will be hard to get, but if SA apply themselves they can get it.

Little dissapointed that Gilly had to attempt such a shot on his first delivery. He could of least waited for Boje who was being smacked around quite easily by Symo.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
The Hayden-Symonds partnership would be just about the best attacking batting partnership I have ever seen. Until they got out, neither gave a chance and some of the shots were breathtaking. Go you big Queenslanders!!!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
2 quick wickets for Australia the two legends doing the buisness, btw anyone knows how much wickets Warne has this year now?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
top decision by Bucknor, full motion that looked gone.

edit, has i turned around Gibbs has his stumps rattled, australia on top :cool: