• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia

Dixie Flatline

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
James90 said:
Martyn's catch was unlucky. It was a monster and he did almost everything right. Just didn't stick. Now Smith's...that was a dolly. I'll never forget the roar that went up when that ball hit the ground.

I had a great night. It was a brilliant spectacle and the most fun I've had in a crowd ever. The first day of the 2002 Ashes still takes the cake for the best cricket I've seen but Martyn's hitting was superb. Plenty of action on the ground and in the stands aswell. One of the shots of the night from Pollock (that six over extra cover) was missed by most of the crowd who were observing the most brilliant of mexican waves.

The most fun I've ever had at a cricket game. Would have loved to have seen a close finish aswell.
What was with the throwing up of the rubbish during the Mexican waves, though? Looked really bad on the box. I would have hated to have been on the ground tier with all that coming down around my head.

Dixie Flatline

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Dasa said:
The Channel Nine commentary team are hopeless when it comes to pronunciation...Healy couldn't even handle Zondeki.

When Mark Nicholas was interviewing him he said it was something to do with his ability (or inability) to grow facial hair.
That was the explanation given in today's Age - whenever Hopes tries to grow facial hair, it tends to come out like whiskers of the catfish.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Did you see the pic Andy posted?
Yes but the fact of the matter was that the ball hit the middle of his hands and his hands didn't look particularly hard.

Na the cups were fun. If you were hit then you'd just throw it up with the next wave. Although some guy did through a full cup of beer onto the tier below. That was taking it a little too far :p

TazzX

U19 12th Man
BoyBrumby said:
Interesting to see Kallis teeing off from the word go too, shows he can do it when the mood takes him. It did annoy me that Slater was pronouncing his first name as "Jarks" instead of (as I'd always imagined it was pronounced) "Jark" tho. :huh:
Its "Jak" no S and no R :) with the J and the K flowing ... :)

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Martyn was fantastic. Hopes was poor and batted without much thought.

SA batted like 11 Hopes.

Extra catching practice required for Martyn, Smith and Dippenaar.
Brilliant summation. Can't even put some of the blame on the umpires, this time. :cry: :****ed:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dixie Flatline said:
What was with the throwing up of the rubbish during the Mexican waves, though? Looked really bad on the box. I would have hated to have been on the ground tier with all that coming down around my head.
I don't think anyone in Melbourne knows that you can do a Mexican wave without throwing rubbish...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
I don't think anyone in Melbourne knows that you can do a Mexican wave without throwing rubbish...
Mark Nicholas better watch his step then - he could end up flying over the fence next time.