• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crowe quits, Slater signs on

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Crowe made very good observations when he was seriously analyzing the game, instead of trying to be funny. That said, Slats is good as well... So it will be nice to hear his views during the matches in New Zealand.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Crowe was/is a very astute and analytical commentator of cricket..he just had this unfortunate habit of trying to bring elements of rugby league style commentary into the frame and it was a little ridiculous at times.

Danny Morrison has a similar problem, but overall as a commentator I don't really rate him that highly.

howardj

International Coach
Blaze said:
"Heavens to betsy"
:) That phrase always cracks me up - sensational.

I think NZ viewers should be honoured to have Slats for the whole of their summer. He always has interesting things to say, and is one of the few commentators who really adds something to the pictures, rather than merely describing what TV viewers can already see. Anyway, I hope he makes it onto the Channel Nine - Test and ODI - coverage here soon.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
I was at the sky sport studios the day that was filmed. It's a terrible ad!
It reminds me of James Coleman from C4.

I have a soft spot for Danny Morrison. I used to watch Cricket Company just so I could see Sticky Wicket.

At least he's better than Larsen and his unabated Cairns love -- "Aww, Christopher Cairns!", usually followed by "AWW NO! Christopher Cairns!" Smith is always on the verge of manic depression and Larsen on the verge of tears.

I was kinda hoping we'd get Holding for the West Indies tour.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
They should fly Lawry over here for the Chappell-Hadlee series. He's by far the best one day commentator in the game -- his enthusiasm is genuine and his excitement infectious. If he's biased, then it's glorious bias. Plus he could bait Smith again.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
ohtani's jacket said:
They should fly Lawry over here for the Chappell-Hadlee series. He's by far the best one day commentator in the game -- his enthusiasm is genuine and his excitement infectious. If he's biased, then it's glorious bias. Plus he could bait Smith again.
Please tell me you're joking.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ohtani's jacket said:
I like Lawry too......I'd love to hear my two favourites together ....LAWRY and BOYCOTT thats would be vintage !!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Lawry & Boycott commentating together would be interesting to say the least.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
Lawry & Boycott commentating together would be interesting to say the least.
It may create a boom for appliance stores as cricket followers have to replace the sets they've just kicked in out of frustration.