• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Catch Ever

Snippie

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This one wasn't half bad either.

Jonty being his spectacular self...

South Africa against England, Edgbaston '98

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
^That one is more spectacular because of the picture. Jonty could do that in his sleep.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
The catalyst of Headley's inspirational spell was Mark Ramprakash's catch to dismiss Langer, who was well set on 30 - a spectacular diving effort from a vicious pull shot.

Can't find a pic of it*, but if it's the one I remember it was one of the best I have ever seen, one of those amazing stick-out-your-paw-they-either-stick-or-they-don't, jobs. His celebration was funny, madness in his eyes, shouting "******* come on!!!!" or some such. Marvellous.

*Did find a pic of him though, in his usual pose.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Snippie said:
This one wasn't half bad either.

Jonty being his spectacular self...

South Africa against England, Edgbaston '98

yep, best ever for mine

McGraths a couple of years back goes close though

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know about best catch ever, but the best I've seen live (i.e. when I was at the ground) was Dwayne Bravo's catch off Gilchrist in one of the ODIs in Melbourne last year. Not just because he was at full stretch, but because he was so close to the batsman, and everyone knows how hard Gilchrist hits the ball. Literally a blink-and-you'll-miss-it catch.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I saw Steve Waugh take a stunner at midwicket once, off a full blooded pull, with a full length dive. Can't remember the specifics for the life of me though, might have been against Pakistan.

Mark Waugh's diving catch off a late cut at first slip was pretty incredible.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
What about Adam Dale's catch in the Mercantile Mutual Cup all those years ago. Some of you have to remember that! Fielding at long on/long off takes it horizontal to the ground at straight hit. We were imitating it in the playground for weeks!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Also one Ricky Ponting took off some South African dude a few years ago.. think it might have been Mckenzie.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
burkey_1988 said:
What about Adam Dale's catch in the Mercantile Mutual Cup all those years ago. Some of you have to remember that! Fielding at long on/long off takes it horizontal to the ground at straight hit. We were imitating it in the playground for weeks!
Yeah, that was one out of the box.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Yeah, that was one out of the box.
Glad someone remembers it! Nothing will ever beat that for me because that ball was travelling, not just looping in the air

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Vasbert Drakes' catch to dismiss John Davison in the WC was pretty decent, as was that John Dyson goalkeeper-esque catch.