• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Catch Ever

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Pedro Delgado said:
The catalyst of Headley's inspirational spell was Mark Ramprakash's catch to dismiss Langer, who was well set on 30 - a spectacular diving effort from a vicious pull shot.

Can't find a pic of it*, but if it's the one I remember it was one of the best I have ever seen, one of those amazing stick-out-your-paw-they-either-stick-or-they-don't, jobs. His celebration was funny, madness in his eyes, shouting "******* come on!!!!" or some such. Marvellous.

*Did find a pic of him though, in his usual pose.
Yes that was a blinding catch, I couldn't believe my eyes. Talking of Ramps I remember a cracker he took in the 98 home series against SA to dismiss Kallis, he dived low and seemed to slip and as Richie Benaud said 'I swear the ball was behind him when he caught it', it was fantastic.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sinclair for me...although another in recent times was Lara's catch to dismiss flintoff in the ICC final 2004

Shounak

Banned
What did Sinclair say to the crowd after. I remember he was yelling at them and making some sort of hand gesture..

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
shounak said:
What did Sinclair say to the crowd after. I remember he was yelling at them and making some sort of hand gesture..
I think the gestures told it all

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
UncleTheOne said:
Yes that was a blinding catch, I couldn't believe my eyes. Talking of Ramps I remember a cracker he took in the 98 home series against SA to dismiss Kallis, he dived low and seemed to slip and as Richie Benaud said 'I swear the ball was behind him when he caught it', it was fantastic.
That might be the one I'm thinking off actually.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Pratyush said:
Adam Bacher's catch of Tendulkar.
IIRC, the ball was on his left and he caught it one handed - with his right hand. I never understood why he did it that way.

deeps

International 12th Man
Brad Hogg in india back in 97 or so. Bloody Brilliant catch, can't find a pic of it though

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pedro Delgado said:
That might be the one I'm thinking off actually.
Nah, sounds like you're thinking of the Melbourne one from the description of the slightly insane reaction to it!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pedro Delgado said:
Bugger. Confused now. :blink: :confused1
I've got it on the Six of the Best DVD - it's square of the wicket, full length dive and one-handed followed by crazy reaction & then Dean Headley six-for to win Ashes Test late in evening.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
I've got it on the Six of the Best DVD - it's square of the wicket, full length dive and one-handed followed by crazy reaction & then Dean Headley six-for to win Ashes Test late in evening.
That must be it then yep. Nice one Cyril.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe this thread is on the third page without mention of Paul Vautin's "That F....n' Caaaaatch"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Adamc said:
I don't know about best catch ever, but the best I've seen live (i.e. when I was at the ground) was Dwayne Bravo's catch off Gilchrist in one of the ODIs in Melbourne last year. Not just because he was at full stretch, but because he was so close to the batsman, and everyone knows how hard Gilchrist hits the ball. Literally a blink-and-you'll-miss-it catch.
Yeah I was at that match too!

I was hoping for a Lara ton. Only got a 50. :(

open365

International Vice-Captain
Paul Collignwood has produced a few stunners,his one of Hayden in the ashes ODis was fantastic.

does anyone remember the one where in the ODIs where he ran really quickly and dived full stretch but it just didn't stick?

that would have been the best catch i've ever seen.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
AC Gilchrist c Strauss b Flintoff.

In my view, potentially the defining moment of a decade or more of international cricket. The moment it began to become Australia who were staring in disbelief at what the opposition were capable of, rather than vice versa.