• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest six hitters outside the subcontinent

ramji_ind

Cricket Spectator
ramkumar_gr said:
Anyone remembers Atul Bedade of India. He had great six hitting abilities but could not translate that to greater effect in Internationals.

Another big six hitter who was not an international success is Ali Brown.

What do u think about "Loye"

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
nightprowler10 said:
How can you question my list when your's replicates mine? :huh:
I think perhaps he thought you were including both tests and ODIs in your list, when yours was simply the ODI one.

The most sixes list in ODIs is dominated by subcontinent players, while there's nobody in the top 10 from the subcontinent in tests. This is fairly similar to the runscoring list in ODIs, where all four of the guys with over 10,000 runs are from the subcontinent.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Eclipse said:
Mine are two seperate lists and to be honest i didn't bother to work them out..

However it';s very clear why the players you mentioned have more than others.. It's just weight of matches and the small grounds they play on.. Tendulkar for instance has alot but both he and Inzy still average slightly less sixes per match than Kallis and Ponting who haven't played as many matches.
You make a good point there. Sixes/Inning wise Afridi is unbeatable thus far but I don't see many others from the subcontinent up there except maybe Dhoni.

open365

International Vice-Captain
ramkumar_gr said:
Loye was amazing and some of the midwicket sixers he hit of the front foot were unbelievable.
yeh,that pickup shot of his legs is fantastic.

Afridi's 6s per innings rate is good but its not that incredible when you consider how low his average is and how much he attacks.

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
6's

Simon Jones Can hit a mean ball

Not many people have mentioned gayle (see his 6s off mcgrath)

And the Obvious ones like Lara, Gilly, Afridi, Flintoff, KP, Cairns, Klusner, lee

Pontings 6s in the world cup final were something to watch

How about adam hollioke and glenn chappel?

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Andrew Symonds
Adam Gilchrist
Chris Cairns
Lance Klusener
KP
Freddie
and a special mention goes to Canada's John Davison, worth mentioning his 2003 WC innings against the Windies. He packs a punch with his hits.

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The six that Brett Lee hit in Brisbane in the First Test vs. Windies was the biggest I have ever seen in 30 years of watching the game...having been to the ground I reckon that hit was HUGE!!!

simmy

International Regular
Lee's hits at Egbaston were spectacular too.

Great player...

Good for the game too... very marketable!