• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why nobody can touch Brian Lara

archie mac

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
I know a lot of people love Skull, but just because he says Lara's past it doesn't mean it's gospel. Suddenly the knives are out from Australian commentators because of 5 innings when he was underprepared and the side was under the pump chasing massive totals, and now he goes out to a blinder and gets a shocker and he's "past it". Clap-trap.
Skull not gospel? He said Watson had definitly broken his leg, (turned out to be a shoulder) Skull said; 'just wait until we see the X-rays, you will see I am right' :D

To be fair I was just giving an example of what people have been saying, I learnt long ago to never write off a champion.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
thierry henry said:
Your anti-statistical attitude rather ignores the fact that cricket is about one team trying to score more runs than the other. Average is a calculation of average runs scored. Hence, while your post makes sense in terms of "who I would prefer to watch", it makes no sense whatsoever in terms of who is actually the better batsman.
u make it sound so mechanical. I thought sport was about making sure people got enjoyment from watching it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
burr said:
Lara hasn't done a lot for a while now. I've never been a big fan - he's too busy at the crease, forcing everything in that anxious style of his.
I'd be prepared to be too busy at the crease and force everything with anxious style if it meant I could average over 50 in Test cricket...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vic_orthdox said:
I'd be prepared to be too busy at the crease and force everything with anxious style if it meant I could average over 50 in Test cricket...
If I were you, I would concentrate on my bowling :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
Let's ALL concentrate on Pratyush's bowling.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Well you dont want me to go on and on about by leg spiners, flippers, the wron 'un or the zooeter!. :D