• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Great Ajit Agarkar thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
That kind of a run from someone who isnt a total wreck with the bat has to do a bit with dastardly bad luck. Later as it started piling up it would have affected him mentally. What with crowds chanting Bombay Duck or whatever they did. It must have been terrible and though a genius, our Ajit is human after all...or is he ?
I thought he took it quite well. The first run he made after Australia after that run had the crowd cheering and AA smiling like the young boy that he is.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On how this five-for compares with his 6 for 42 against Australia
I'd rate this higher than my career-best (6-42) against Australia in Melbourne last year, because this has come in a winning cause. It won us the match, and we won the series as well today. Nothing can be more satisfying.

On the pitch
It was a good wicket to bowl on in the morning, there was a little more assistance than you get in Indian tracks for one-day cricket. Even so, you had to get the ball in the right areas. I got two key wickets first-up, and that definitely helped.

On whether he had cemented his place in the one-day side
I would like to hope so. [Laughs] But I honestly don't look at it that way at all. The idea is to always give 100% when you are selected to play for the country. Today was my day, everything worked out well. The bottom line, however, is that we won the series 4-0.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
On how this five-for compares with his 6 for 42 against Australia
I'd rate this higher than my career-best (6-42) against Australia in Melbourne last year, because this has come in a winning cause. It won us the match, and we won the series as well today. Nothing can be more satisfying.
But he bowled them to victory at Adelaide... :huh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
But he bowled them to victory at Adelaide... :huh:
Different match. The 6-42 he is talking about was during a ODI in Melbourne (on the same tour), not the six-for in the Adelaide Test.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Adamc said:
Different match. The 6-42 he is talking about was during a ODI in Melbourne (on the same tour), not the six-for in the Adelaide Test.
Ah, that's right! LOL - probably should have noticed when he said "Melbourne" :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Adamc said:
Yeah he was even on a hat-trick in that game. I was there :cool:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
lord_of_darkness said:
Ajit Agarkar Great ?.,. naw Lmao..

what hes doing so far is pretty fine though.. but hes not someone to rely on!
You may be the Lord of Darkness but surely even you could see the light behind this ??

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
Ajit Agarkar Great ?.,. naw Lmao..

what hes doing so far is pretty fine though.. but hes not someone to rely on!
225 wickets in 144 matches at an average of about 27...not bad,right?And for an Indian pacer,great!

And going by the current ODI scores the teams have been putting up in 50 overs economy rate of 5 isn't bad either(though he could improve a little there),if he is picking up two wickets per match on an average thats fine

Yesterday he atleast got some recognition for his efforts but many of his 2-fors- and 3-fors- have gone unnoticed because of either pathetic performance of the team in other departments or someone overshadowing with a great performance...

Ajit Agarkar would have been a much better choice to play the role of James Bond 007 than the English actor Danial craig (nicknamed Potato-head)

King_Ponting

International Regular
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Ajit Agarkar would have been a much better choice to play the role of James Bond 007 than the English actor Danial craig (nicknamed Potato-head)
How could AA strafe with those ears????? He'd get noticed much too easily