• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best batsman outside the test playing countries

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
No else comes to my mind other than Steve Tikolo.
Another could be Davison of Canada, but that was one-off.

Any other serious contenders?????

cameeel

International Captain
No, I agree, Davison is probably the best batsman of the minnow nations, at least in One Day cricket, i've never seen him bat in anything longer.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
It'd have to be Steve Tikolo...he's had reasonable success in ODIs and has a First Class average of almost 50.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if both had long Test careers Tikolo would probably have been the better batsman. ODIs might've been closer, but Tikolo is indeed a very good batsman from what I've seen.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tikolo by a country mile. Davison was a one hit wonder and a fairly average player... he can just hit it a long way. Tikolo is a quality batsman that would be better than most in the weaker test sides right now.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
jesushatesyou said:
Steve Tikolo and Ravindu Shah by far. Davison is just a go-nuts hitter and it payed off against a lack-lustre attack.
Thats great. Ravindu Shah deserves a mention here. He is a compact batsman in a classical mould.

How about Salim Raza of UAE? How good was he?

masterblaster

International Captain
Steve Tikolo for me, he has technique, compact playing style and grit and has seen Kenya through more obstacles than any other batsman. John Davison is brilliant, but for one he's a hit or miss player and two he's part Australian, and I wouldn't rate him above Tikolo anyway.

r2i

Cricket Spectator
marice odumbe is a good batsman too. together with steve tikolo , he forms the best batting pair outside the test nations

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tikolo is by far the best...First class average of 49 :)

Davison is probably a better one day player....strikes the ball well, useful bowler too

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Athar Ali Khan of Bangladesh needs a mention here. He did not play any tests for Bangladesh but he used to be a very stylish batsman.