• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee Says he will bowl line and length from now on.

Isolator

State 12th Man

Isolator Hereby Proclaims That He Will Bowl At 100000000 Miles Per Second And Also Solve World Hunger And Put An End To World Peace.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Isolator said:

Isolator Hereby Proclaims That He Will Bowl At 100000000 Miles Per Second And Also Solve World Hunger And Put An End To World Peace.

AA?

Is that you?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
You mean the square leg umpire can finally put his helmet away?

(Looks up, sees Shaun Tait steaming in, gives square leg umpire a riot shield as well)
:laugh:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Isolator said:

Put An End To World Peace???

GENIUS!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

simmy

International Regular
He bowled really well in the ODI's... I was suprised by how poor he was at times during the tests. He should be better than he is in my opinion.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
simmy said:
He bowled really well in the ODI's... I was suprised by how poor he was at times during the tests. He should be better than he is in my opinion.
Works well in short bursts against batsmen who are not yet in?

Incidentally, I can't believe I wasn't on the ball quick enough to post, in response to the thread title "Lee to opt for line and length":

...There's a first time for everything

Shame on me.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is the last effort by Lee to claim a place among the good bowlers in test cricket. I will not say great because that would be a very select group. If the change Lee will use clicks, he has the chance to be remembered better than we would if he were to retire today. And the series versus the Windies will be a good series to experiment in this regard. Windies are a poor team but have some talented players. So it wouldnt exactly be cheap wickets and thus no idea if the tactic failed or succeeded.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'll believe it when I see it - but if it is true, it'll make him a much improved bowler. Say, if he bowled at 87-88 accurately with a bit of swing which he can get he would be pretty formidable IMO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tom Halsey said:
I'll believe it when I see it - but if it is true, it'll make him a much improved bowler. Say, if he bowled at 87-88 accurately with a bit of swing which he can get he would be pretty formidable IMO.
Very true. That's Jonah's pace, pretty much (Jonah's maybe a mile or two slower on average) & with his mastery of reverse he was pretty damn ok vs Australia!

East said than done tho I fear.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
This is the last effort by Lee to claim a place among the good bowlers in test cricket. I will not say great because that would be a very select group.
Thats very unfair :@

Everyone who played with me in league and college cricket agreed that whatever else I may or may not have done(and whatever batsmen did or didnt do to it), I always bowled line and length.

How come no one ever rates me for that ?

:mad:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
Thats very unfair :@

Everyone who played with me in league and college cricket agreed that whatever else I may or may not have done(and whatever batsmen did or didnt do to it), I always bowled line and length.

How come no one ever rates me for that ?

:mad:
I dont know what you found unfair SJS. I am not diregarding Lee. But even you will accept that if he was to retire from test cricket right now, he will not be regarded among adequate test bowlers.

Pace without line and length means runs in international cricket. A little reduction of pace and more focus on line and length can make him very much adequate. The fact that he can become adequate means I am not shunning him but accepting he has the talent.

Just it has all not fitted perfectly.

As for you, I blame it on politics in Indian cricket ;)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Second time Pratyush .

Second time that you take my attempts (poor no doubt) of trying to be witty, to be serious and worse - a criticism of your post.

It had nothing to do with what you said. Believe me. :)

On the subject of Lee, you will find this poor sense of humour of mine in every post that I have put on this thread. I am afraid I find it very funny that someone should say (and an international professional sportsman at that) that he will do, after more than halfway down his career, what he has always been paid to do !!

Once in a while (though not so often in these times) I get a candidate i am interviewing for a position who, when asked of his strengths, claims that he is hard working and (worse still) honest. It never fails to amaze me and I tell them that. This is not a virtue that makes them imminently suitable for the job though lack of it is surely a clear indicator of which side of the dood they should have been to start with :)

I am sure Lee made an elaboration of his intentions but the thread title is a bit of an easy target for my level of poor sarcasm.

PS : BTW, He WAS bowling line and length even before, I suppose he is going to bowl a different line and a different length now :)

Someone else also posted something like, "you mean he wasnt bowling (good) line and length on purpose so far? "

That sums it up.

And you relax friend. :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I am dumb witted. Its not that you are not witty :D.
NO. I think you are too seriously passionately about cricket which is a great attribute. Dont change that. :)

But I am surprised you even missed my attempt to deprecate my own bowling while wailing to be rated ...

(and whatever batsmen did or didnt do to it), I always bowled line and length

:D