• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wasim Akram Best Left Arm Fast Bowler Ever?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
He also has a big test double century, the only one at number 8 in the order !!
That double century (257 if I am not wrong) comprised of the most test sixes in an inning world record and a huge partnership with Saqlain Mushtaq.

Akram had bit of a potential with the bat but he did not justify it maybe because he did not concentrate enough on it or maybe because of his injuries. Definitely he could have had a higher average.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How good was that Gary Gilmour guy? Taking consecutive 6 wicket hauls in the WC semis and finals means he must have been pretty good, at least.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
honestbharani said:
How good was that Gary Gilmour guy? Taking consecutive 6 wicket hauls in the WC semis and finals means he must have been pretty good, at least.
Didnt have a great test career. But etched his mark in cricket history no doubt.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
He was good with a prodigious swing in the right conditions. As was John 'vaseline' Lever. I remember watching the test in Delhi where he made all the Indian batsmen barring Parthasarthy Sharma (even though Sharma didnt score a lot of runs) look like idiots. :p

It was his debut match and he took 10 for 70.

luckyeddie said:
I'm sure that he will go on to break every bowling world record in the history of the game, half of the batting ones, reconcile China and Taiwan AND make Cold Fusion work.

I could be wrong, though.
Whatever 8-)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Hi,
I disagree with what you say many times but boy, I do love your spirit. :)
It should be fun watching an Indo-Pak match with you :p

Its okay to go overboard as long as you know you are doing it. But doing it all the time on a forum such as this one may deny you the pleasure of some fine discussions from the many very good debaters and cricket lovers here.

Have fun.