• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isn't Saurav Ganguly such a lovable character ?

DaBombayDuck

Cricket Spectator
Some over-zealous Indian fans have created a website dedicated to ganguly called
hateganguly

:D :D

Last edited:

Shoaib

Banned
Some over-zealous Indian fans have created a website dedicated to ganguly called
hateganguly

We knew about that site much before u.So,please come up with something new.

archie mac

International Coach
I think if he would have retired earlier he would have been considered one of India's greatest ever captains.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
I think if he would have retired earlier he would have been considered one of India's greatest ever captains.
Yep. I have stated earlier that he should have retired - from tests at least after India won the test series in Pakistan.

But he will still be conisdered a very good captain.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
DaBombayDuck said:
hateganguly

Why dont you create iloveganguly.com or gangulyishot.com ;)

Shoaib

Banned
jlo33692 said:
How do you prove something like that shoaib?
Because someone started similar thread a few days ago which was closed later because it was for advertisement purposes.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Yep. I have stated earlier that he should have retired - from tests at least after India won the test series in Pakistan.

But he will still be conisdered a very good captain.
To misquote Brian Clough:

"He may not be the best but he's in the top one"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I give Ganguly credit for being such an ******** that someone actually took time out of their life to make this. Its not as easy as it seems :p

By the way, this was a brilliant joke, a little harsh but oh well.

India Pakistan Match has started. As to be expected, it's a charged up atmosphere and the heat is really on!
India is put in to bat. As to be expected, three wickets down, for a measly score.
There is phone call for Ganguly, at the Dressing Room. The Team Manager picks up the call.
Voice : "Hello ! I am Ganguly's friend speaking . Can I talk to him now ?"
Team Manager : "Sorry ! He has just gone in to bat . "
Voice : "No problem I'll hold"

:D:D:D

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
I give Ganguly credit for being such an ******** that someone actually took time out of their life to make this. Its not as easy as it seems :p

By the way, this was a brilliant joke, a little harsh but oh well.

India Pakistan Match has started. As to be expected, it's a charged up atmosphere and the heat is really on!
India is put in to bat. As to be expected, three wickets down, for a measly score.
There is phone call for Ganguly, at the Dressing Room. The Team Manager picks up the call.
Voice : "Hello ! I am Ganguly's friend speaking . Can I talk to him now ?"
Team Manager : "Sorry ! He has just gone in to bat . "
Voice : "No problem I'll hold"

:D:D:D
The same joke was circulated when Azhar was going through a bad form and the Team Manager was replaced by Sangita Bijlani then.

Shoaib

Banned
Its really a pity that an excellent player like Saurav Ganguly is hated that much in India.He is the most successful Indian captain in Indian history & shouldn't be treated like an unsuccessful player.He is way underrated,IMO.If he was the member of Pakistan cricket team(I wish he was),he would've been treated like a God.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Shoaib said:
Its really a pity that an excellent player like Saurav Ganguly is hated that much in India.He is the most successful Indian captain in Indian history & shouldn't be treated like an unsuccessful player.He is way underrated,IMO.If he was the member of Pakistan cricket team(I wish he was),he would've been treated like a God.
Like throwing stones on the house of Wasim - arguably the greatest left arm fast bowler of all time?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Like throwing stones on the house of Wasim - arguably the greatest left arm fast bowler of all time?
Actually that is an over-raction of some idiots and is similar to the the WC incident when Kaif's house was attacked after we lost to Australia. Otherwise Wasim Akram is quite well appereciated in Pakistan despite the accusations of match fixing against him.

In Ganguly's case, it is totally different, everyone from fan, media, ex-cricketers,, coaches, some of his team mates seems to have been hating him. I can understand why his team-mates and coaches would do that, but everyone else has definately gone overboard on this and as shoaib said it is indeed a pity.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Actually that is an over-raction of some idiots and is similar to the the WC incident when Kaif's house was attacked after we lost to Australia. Otherwise Wasim Akram is quite well appereciated in Pakistan despite the accusations of match fixing against him.

In Ganguly's case, it is totally different, everyone from fan, media, ex-cricketers,, coaches, some of his team mates seems to have been hating him. I can understand why his team-mates and coaches would do that, but everyone else has definately gone overboard on this and as shoaib said it is indeed a pity.
Is the reaction towards Ganguly not more about his perceived (ok, real) arrogance and attitude, though? His captaincy was very astute in the past, and he did help (for a while) to produce a fine, cohesive unit.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
Is the reaction towards Ganguly not more about his perceived (ok, real) arrogance and attitude, though? His captaincy was very astute in the past, and he did help (for a while) to produce a fine, cohesive unit.
Yeah LE you got that right.

In any case I would not like to go into an Indo-Pak debate as I admire the talent which emerges out of both nations. And I do believe the fans of both countries are pretty similar - extreme reactions to most things.

Players, journalists and fans who have crossed the border have said that they have not found much difference in the two countries. Indians have said Pakistan feels like India. Pakistanis have said India feels like Pakistan.

I really find it shameful when Indians and Pakistanis fight unnecessarily on the internet forums where the least they can do is show solidarity in a platform which crosses borders in their living rooms on their pcs.